Grateful Dead Dave’s Picks 2019 Subscription

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dtuck90, Oct 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just received a cancellation notice for a Halloween tshirt order. I was hoping the situation would be resolved swiftly, but that's not what I had in mind.

Archtop and Matthew Tate like this.
  2. AxiomAcoustics

AxiomAcoustics "The enemy is listening"

As a long time Phil-o-phile I can’t disagree. In fact, as a drummer and self-described “bottom up listener” my listening hierarchy (or maybe that should be hearing hierarchy since I don’t seem to have much choice in the matter) always begins with Phil and Billy. Or Billy and Mickey. I think the drummer in me allows a certain degree of inherent scrutiny and criticism that I don’t have with Phil. All this leaves me with the notion that Phil is more consistently “on” than Billy. Some of that is the nature of the instrument of course but to me Phil gets the upper hand when it comes to “Onness”.

3. AxiomAcoustics

Then you're going to love this one. He's driving like Cowboy Neal with a head full of bennies and everyone seems to be paying attention and reacting on the nano.

4. AxiomAcoustics

I considered that but ultimately I want the stuff, and didn't want the extra hassel. But, today I received an email from Paypal that I got a credit of $49 from WMG. This covers the two T-shirts. So, I'm hoping that the rest of the order will be dispatched toots sweet. Bummer though as I really wanted the Anthem T and the other was to be a birthday present for the missus....back in September.

Now I'm afraid to place an order for anything. I hope this years advent calendar sucks.

5. AxiomAcoustics

They usually do that advent calendar. But I'm afraid to order anything at this point. Most of it is meh but that's how I got a screaming deal on the RFK box. I'd imagine we should be seeing it soon. Good luck.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. AxiomAcoustics

I always preferred post-Dead Phil with Steve Gadd. Wait.......

bzfgt and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. SJR

SJR Big Boss Man

Dave's Pick Vol. 32 has finally arrived in Melbourne!!! :pineapple: #10619/20000.

8. Big Swifty

Big Swifty Forum Resident

Great, they're arriving in Australia at last!

Matthew Tate and SJR like this.
  9. Archtop

Archtop Soft Dead Crimson Cow

The savior of the world is in a new warehouse. We're currently looking for it.

LucaB, KCWhistle, Ezzie and 5 others like this.
  10. AxiomAcoustics

IOW: The manger is in danger.

rxcory and Archtop like this.
  11. SJR

SJR Big Boss Man

I'll be damned — I've also just got shipping notice of the PNW box set that I ordered in September! I sent an email this morning asking WTF is going with my order, so that may have worked?! Or maybe the "warehouse" move is complete?!

12. ducksdeluxe

ducksdeluxe A voice in the wilderness.

I got a "we're sorry" email from them this morning. 20% off most everything. Sounds like the long nightmare may be winding to a close.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  13. Typical Black Friday promotion. They've lost my trust, and I'm not biting.

budwhite and Jackstraw78 like this.
  14. AxiomAcoustics

Here's hoping your discs in that set are all good, otherwise....I had quite a few that needed replacement and almost every one needed to be cleaned. One had fingerprints so large and prominent you could have solved a murder with them.

Yeah, I ain't biting on this one and have most everything I need/want but that Cornholio set has me tempted. :laugh:

So a few weeks ago I sent a long-ish email to someone in a sister organization after my cc to the "vault" was kicked back, explaining my and our travails with this whole situation. Explained I didn't know where to turn and they had been very helpful in the past. They said they would share this with their management. Did that help? Who knows, probably not. But it seems as though something has broken off a few chunks of plaque. Let's hope the arteries clear fully.

My Christmas present to them is to give them less work to do.

We all need to remember that we're no longer dealing with that little organization we used to call in Novato well-nigh 25 years ago or so. (Last time I spoke with "Elvis" he told me he was in the Phillipines.) This is a farmed-out WMG enterprise designed to minimize costs that is basically a fulfillment house and they couldn't care less about the Grateful Dead and have no clue as to our deep attachment and emotional investment therein. Not to mention the financial investment. The new boss is not the same as the old boss.

15. ducksdeluxe

ducksdeluxe A voice in the wilderness.

They've lost my trust as well. Not that I want anything from them beyond my subscription. But at least they seem to be aware of the issue.

I will require a better explanation before I do business with these people in the future.

Blue Note and Matthew Tate like this.
  16. AxiomAcoustics

I can't believe that after all of this I failed to mention how achingly beautiful the "Stella Bule" is on DaP32. Has any "rock" band evev played with such incredibly wide dynamics? Sometimes things are so spacious and open it's as though there's nothing there at all.

17. rxcory

rxcory proud jazz band/marching band parent

Same here, and not in today's mail either. WTF? I was burned on shipping last year with the PNW box, but the DaP have been arriving more or less on-time so far this year.
    Can't stand the wait no more, about ready to see if the Russians have a rip of this online. :shrug: WTF Rhino/Warner???

18. jay.dee

jay.dee Forum Resident

DaP 32 has finally shown up after four weeks of waiting. One less potential issue with Rhino/Warner...

Spinning the first disc now... a mellow vibe that I have always liked more than most Deadheads here (e.g. DaP 28), without any trace of the nervousness that ruined for me the four days later DaP 16. The number of tracks (31!) is a bit worrying though. I hope they won't lull me to sleep before I reach the encore! :D

19. US Blues

US Blues Undermining Consensus Reality

No Worries! If Disc 3 does not send you into ecstasy in the Oort Cloud, we'll diagnose you with narcolepsy.

20. PhoffiFozz

PhoffiFozz Forum Resident

Yeah, I've heard absolutely nothing since! No shipping notice, no disc.

rxcory likes this.
  21. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

79-12-03 was 40 years ago today.

22. AxiomAcoustics

Equating '73 mellow with '76 mellow eh? I'm with you on digging them both muchly but I dunno man, to me they are decidedly different vibes.

'73 mellow is an open, spacious, sometimes laconic mellow while still retaining complexity....like a stand of birch trees in the winter.

'76 mellow, which often gets criticized for being boring or sleepy, to me, is simply ESD: Easy Skanking Dead
    ;)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  23. AxiomAcoustics

Better to be in Chicago than in Cincinnati.
    :sigh:

24. AxiomAcoustics

I'm still waiting for my second sub copy and am being ignored as well but at least I have one to fondle and enjoy. Here's hoping you guys see something soon.

PhoffiFozz and rxcory like this.
  25. AxiomAcoustics

Coincidentally I just received another impersonal, automated, smoke-blowing email from WMG CS. They are very sorry. My assessment is that I'll never see that other copy of 32. I wish I were not so fully invested iin this music because I'd love to vote with my dollars and walk away from this BS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.