Grateful Dead “June 1976” box set is here!*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by I333I, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Al Gator

Al Gator You can call me Al

I don't think I commented after getting my copy. After giving it a spin, 6/10 and 6/14 are the shows of the box set for me, both top-shelf Dead worthy of inclusion in any serious collection. 6/15 and 6/19 are next, both enjoyable shows but a level down. 6/11 didn't strike me as an inspired show.

And yes, the sound quality is superb. It's hard to believe these were mixed on-the-fly without any thought of future release.

2. US Blues

US Blues Undermining Consensus Reality

If it would help you with the decision, I'll send you the 6 cents.

3. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Let's do a gofundme for that last 6 cents.

4. Archtop

Archtop Soft Dead Crimson Cow

Selling your high-numbered copy of DaP 34 should put you over the top. :nyah:

5. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

I am a third way thru bonus disc. Nevermind... Too good.

6. Archtop

Archtop Soft Dead Crimson Cow

Yeah, this one's a winner to be sure. I've posted elsewhere how this is reminding me of the tape I've had for 30+ years and had not listened to in nearly that long.

Anyway, back to the topic; sorry folks.

7. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis

I always love it when I listen to a jam that I haven't listened to in years and I'm like "Oh yeah, *that* lick!"

8. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

Wait, that whole balance isn’t from a sale of a single LP is it? That’d be insane. I didn’t pay more than $20 for my US ATCO silver foil Wheels of Fire ~10 years ago.

9. thgord

thgord In Search of My Next Euphoric Groove

Hot damn! I'm still lovin' this set. June-July 1976 resulted in some very hot shows. Also love the 6/9 release. I personally think that these releases represent the apex of GD recordings at a unique time period in the band's evolution.

laf848, RMD, Guy Smiley and 4 others like this.
  10. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

Let me check the couch cushions first before we start the telethon! :)

Guy Smiley, uzn007 and US Blues like this.
  11. gkella

gkella Glen Kellaway From The Basement

My amazing wife just ordered this set for me, for our wedding anniversary ,!!
    It looks like a gorgeous box set and from the reviews I am reading here..WOW..
    Probably going to take a couple of months to get to me in Canada.

12. US Blues

Congrats! You married well.

Guy Smiley and gkella like this.
  13. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

Hot damn still, waiting for mine, six weeks now showing as waiting at the US border.

Contacted Dead.net today but ….

jonnyeric and US Blues like this.
  14. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

15. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Crazy. I ordered a Bob Marley title from Amazon UK in April and it made it to the US in 2 weeks.

I remember contacting the Dead years ago and dealing with people in San Francisco and getting issues resolved quickly (and a couple of defective discs with the Fillmore West box set -- replacement discs were promptly sent and received). Even a few years back, Rhino handled issues with the July 1978 box efficiently. Now it is an outsourced mess. The Dead is a major organization, the entity should have a better system in place for customer service issues.

Guy Smiley and superstar19 like this.
  16. gkella

I had major issues getting my Pacific Northwest box set...they told me at the time they were relocating their warehouse and having issues..

17. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

I'm still waiting to hear from customer service, with out a doubt the worst service and customer service of any large organisation.

They are exploiting their monopoly for sure and its rubbing off on the dead fans.

18. Jack

Jack Senior Member

I’ve been hearing this complaint for many years. They haven’t improved any, have they?

19. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

That alleged warehouse relocation/inventory situation really screwed up their ordering/shipping process last year. Still, almost a year later, the Dead organization's retail and consumer service arm continues to function in a substandard manner.

Burningfool and US Blues like this.
  20. gkella

yeah..too bad..it sucks...well my wedding anniversary gift might get here for my anniversary on June 26th.
    It still says the order is being processed.

21. US Blues

The company contracted by the GD to provide those services is at fault here, not the GD themselves. What the GD are doing behind the scenes, if anything, to remedy this situation is unknown to us as consumers.

budwhite, SBegonias17, uzn007 and 2 others like this.
  22. gkella

I love the people at dead.net, but, if they were resolving theirs issues, there wouldn’t be any.

23. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis

The Dead's organization has no retail arm. It's all outsourced to Rhino and has been for years.

24. Talisman

Talisman Forum Resident

Any chance anyone has done this for the Spring '90 boxes? I've got burned copies and would love to somehow get the cover artwork from each disc set.

25. frightwigwam

frightwigwam Talented Amateur

Billy_Sunday likes this.