Grateful Dead - Listen to the River Live in St Louis 71-73 Box Set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mcrichley, Jul 21, 2021.

1. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

Oh, just let it be.

2. Volga

Volga Forum Resident

3. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

Hi Volga !!

Volga likes this.
  4. Freebird

Freebird Was 205 pounds, now 215.

I did it, in the road.

5. OmIsWhereTheHeartIs

OmIsWhereTheHeartIs Forum Resident

That makes Two of Us. It makes we wish we could Get Back to a time that wasn't the case. Perhaps When I'm 64 it'll be different. But alas... Tomorrow Never Knows.

Anyhow @US Blues, what say we get out here and I'll let you Drive My Car and hey..... Why Don't We Do It In The Road?

I know I Will....

6. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

Rockman, just want to echo all of the posts wishing you all the best for a full and speedy recovery. Take good care.

7. RobCos02330

RobCos02330 Forum Resident

Wishing you the very best. Don’t be shy about asking for music. Enjoy every note your family brings home to you. That’s Medicine of a different sort. Take that music medicine!

Reach out anytime you need a lift. I see 80 people so far have taken the time to hear you. The SHF community at its very best. :love: I just wrapped up listening to Bridge Over Troubled Water as I read your post. Let us try and be your Bridge when you need it. Corny I know, but hey, reading your post and hearing this album at the same time got to me. Sending positive thoughts your way.

8. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

Gotta stop checking my email in the hopes of a shipping notice....

Matthew Tate and Jimbobwe like this.
  9. BMac19

BMac19 Forum Resident

10. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

And the email is far more complicated than it needs to be. I’ve got four things in there (two of which are bonus downloads?) and only the two lp set has a quantity.

honestly, with the way they have shipped and filled orders in the last couple years, I’m thrilled to have any hope of getting anything.

11. Freebird

Freebird Was 205 pounds, now 215.

That bad, eh?

12. Acoustic Warrior

Acoustic Warrior I Come From The Water

I suppose anyone who purchased through Amazon is expecting a Monday the 4th delivery?

Dennis0675 likes this.
  13. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

Yes, absolutely. I think there has been enough bitching about the never ending “warehouse move“ that it doesn’t need repeated. That two lp set was exclusive to dead.net. If not for that I would have ordered everything from Amazon or a local shop. They can beat dead.net by a week or more consistently and you save money on shipping.

Matthew Tate and superstar19 like this.
  14. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

Shipped!

Matthew Tate, Daedalus and zephyr25 like this.
  15. mike s in nyc

mike s in nyc Forum Resident

I ordered only the 1971 standalone show from Amazon- no shipping info yet.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. anth67

anth67 Purveyor of Hogwash

Sure wish the '72 LP was offered on cd. Would make a super sweet single disc a la 11/18 Houston.

uzn007 likes this.
  17. Archtop

Archtop Soft Dead Crimson Cow

But it's been more than adequately documented that getting a shipping email doesn't mean you'll get it and not getting a shipping email doesn't mean you won't. So what we have here is useless information that we either do or do not choose to put any stock in.

Point being, don't worry until you need to. That would be several weeks from now, IMO. I don't like that anymore than you do, but let's face what we get/don't get. It is what it is.

US Blues, Freebird and Crispy Rob like this.
  18. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

Well, there is a UPS tracking number that says it will be here Friday. It’s a bit muddy as to what will be here on Friday but something is on a UPS truck.

19. Daedalus

Daedalus I haven't heard it all.....

Excellent!

Matthew Tate and Dennis0675 like this.
  20. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

:goodie: :pineapple: :bdance: :goodie:

21. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

Does it look like your box of cds has shipped? Meaning…..it’s on that email with a quantity number next to it?

Matthew Tate and superstar19 like this.
  22. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

I flac ripped everything a few months ago but I don't know how to get that going in the car. It'll be my MP3 collection, which I stopped adding much to a few years ago. So it's the old war horses.

bzfgt likes this.
  23. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

Hoping the big set will get to me by 10/8 so what does the Dead do? Ships the vinyl early! I don't have a turntable in my car :(

Matthew Tate and bzfgt like this.
  24. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

No. The finely crafted e-mail CLEARLY states Qty 0 for the CD box. It only took me a few reads to understand wtf was actually shipping now. "My free downloads have shipped? Oh boy!"

25. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

Is it cool if my free downloads sit on the porch for a few hours or should I have my neighbors come and get them before I get home?