Grateful Dead-Pacific Northwest-73-74/19 disc box set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by I333I, Jun 12, 2018.

1. US Blues

US Blues Undermining Consensus Reality

NAFTA. US foreign policy is now impacting our GD collections. The situation is untenable.

2. seaisletim

seaisletim Forum Resident

That’s great! -Laughed so hard I almost knocked my oil pen out of the treadmill cupholder

3. Fingerprints on both of my BR discs too. Can’t recall any other Blu-rays in my collection with them. Poor quality control at the factory during assembly. :sigh:

warewolf95 and adamos like this.
  4. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Has anyone ordered the 3 disc version and gotten a non defective "Bird Song"? I have been holding off on ordering until they fixed this.

5. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

I'm your campaign manager, called it!

adamos, Archtop and US Blues like this.
  6. What is going on with the three disc set? How is it defective?

7. WarEagleRK

According to comments on dead.net and reviews on Amazon when this was first released pretty much every copy had an error about 13:50 into Bird Song where the disc either skipped or freezes.

8. I have it but unopened. Bought from amazon on release date. Big box arrived about the same time so didn’t get to open or listen yet. I’m sure I’m in the same boat though. Anyone receive replacement discs or as the OP asked are they now shipping with non defective disc?

warewolf95 likes this.
  9. My copy has no such defect. Pre-ordered via Amazon.

10. WarEagleRK

11. So this is interesting. On two high end machines which both have HDCD decoding capabilities, it played track three (Bird Song) @ 13:38 flawlessly. No skips or jitters. When I played it on a third machine, Yamaha CD C600 which is a five disc player, it’s seems to jump from 13:38 to 13:40 and continues, so you’re missing a second of music. You can barely tell something is amiss, but it’s there.

I’ll ask again, has anyone recived a replacement disc which fixed the problem. From what I’ve read, the replacement discs which were send by Rhino, have the same problem. It doesn’t appear to be a corrected and re-pressing disc.

Freebird likes this.
  12. a sound painter

a sound painter The no drama drumma

I get your point, but love it when whacked out jams follow! Dick's picks 12 is a great example.

KCWhistle, trd, jay.dee and 1 other person like this.
  13. Yardbird

Yardbird Forum Resident

I received my replacement disc tonight.
    Dr. Rhino comes through as promised.

US Blues and jay.dee like this.
  14. WarEagleRK

Once I get mine I will check immediatel.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  15. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

If GD/Rhino is gonna have these discs manufactured outside of the US then let's give the job to them hosers up north. Apparently it's too hot down below us for the plant workers to wear cleanroom handwear.

KCWhistle and Shvartze Shabbos like this.
  16. Yeti

Yeti Threshold Dweller

Which discs in the big box have had problems?

17. SBegonias17

SBegonias17 Forum Resident

I had 5 of them. I don’t think there’s any rhyme or reason to which ones are or aren’t problematic.

18. a sound painter

My last 2 '74 shows were scratched and gouged, but everything else was mint. No rhyme or reason, just whichever discs the factory workers decided to use for frisbee on their breaks.

Shvartze Shabbos and US Blues like this.
  19. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

Got my replacements on Sat 11/24.

20. Kate_C.

Kate_C. abyssus abyssum invocat

Those classical boxes can set you back years at a time. That bastard Szell has his hooks in me 'til Valentine's Day 2019.

US Blues likes this.
  21. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Still waiting on my replacement discs...

22. jay.dee

jay.dee Forum Resident

Me too. And they stopped responding to my inquiries weeks ago. Is there any other channel to file a complaint?

23. pablorkcz

pablorkcz ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

They have this phone number on the dead.net web store:
    1-800-440-8025

I haven’t tried calling them in a long time, so, not sure how helpful. I may do so soon though.

jay.dee and Guitarded like this.
  24. a sound painter

Months after initial delivery and many emails and phone calls later, I finally received my 6 replacement discs yesterday. Also asked everyone I spoke to whether they have considered using another manufacturing facility with improved quality control, but nobody had any answers for me. Those still waiting, hang in there. I had all but given up hope and they did eventually come through. Good luck!

KCWhistle and jay.dee like this.
  25. trat

trat Forum Resident

I had started a process online for replacement disks and they also stopped responding. I then called the number and received the disks a week later. Pretty frustrating. I have had to request replacement disks before and never encountered a problem like this.