Grateful Dead Sunshine Daydream CD/DVD/Blu-ray/Vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Matt Ellers, Aug 2, 2013.

1. osbie feel

osbie feel Well-Known Member

yes.

2. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

16 track.

3. markbrow

markbrow Forum President

I am AMAZED at seeing people bitch about this release?

Don't want it? Don't get it, then.

Like it? I will post my article about how much work it took to make this happen.

Jeez. You people. :sigh:

4. serge

serge Forum Resident

I hope its not considered bitching to say I just want the DVD... seems odd to make me buy the three CDs

5. Matt Ellers

Matt Ellers Senior Member Thread Starter

I would love to read your article. :)

Burningfool and steveharris like this.
  6. serge

serge Forum Resident

its just a stupid way of selling it.. why make people who only want the CDs have to pay for the DVD and vice versa.. let people buy what they want.

7. BillG

BillG Forum Resident

I want it all! I even bought the tee shirt!

ruben lopez likes this.
  8. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

A stupid way of selling it?

Seems to me that the Rhino/Dead group has found and refined a business model that works for them, and allows them to sustain a pretty good re-issue program, in an era where physical product is on the way out. One can question a lot of their decisions, but they are able to continue to provide archival material to fans on a regular basis.

And - where one does not like some of their decisions - there are numerous alternatives to buying their official product. All in all, I think it fair to say we enjoy an embarrassment of riches with many options.

9. zen

zen Senior Member

Thanks but no thanks! I ordered through the Grateful Dead site. I've begun banning Amazon.com as much as possible. I've read and recently heard that the working conditions
    inside an Amazon warehouse are pretty miserable. Jeff Bezos is not a cool dude in my book.

Imagine70 and zongo like this.
  10. thgord

thgord In Search of My Next Euphoric Groove

Just looking for full disclosure of what is being offered on the video side. Seems only fair when asking folks to plunk down their hard-earned.

My concern began when I heard Lemieux (sp) on the XM GD channel talking about the new spiffy credits rolling during GSET which just happens to be the last song on the VHS bootleg, and not the last song of the show. On GDM, it references the "complete" show re: the CDs, but no such language re: the DVD/BD. Any clarification would be much appreciated.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  11. simon-wagstaff

simon-wagstaff Forum Resident

I heard they cut some of the boob footage during china>boob>rider. Outrageous!!! Still psyched about the blu ray.

12. Quincy

Quincy Senior Member

Sunshine Daydream now has its own Wikipedia page which also reveals what songs are in the movie. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunshine_Daydream From what I recall the 1st and last songs (Playing & Promised Land) the music is heard and the band is not seen playing the songs. Or at least in their entirety. The "Dark Star" gets all the press but if all that existed from this was the "China>Rider" I'd still feel very fortunate. Luckily there's more than that.

Matt Ellers likes this.
  13. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

14. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 V/VIII/MCMLXXVII

I'd prefer less boob footage, more Jerry.

bubba-ho-tep likes this.
  15. Marvin

Marvin Senior Member

Has there been any official word whether or not anyone besides Dead.net will be selling a BD version?

16. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

This is where we need an "hates this" button.

:)

Tensilversaxes and BillG like this.
  17. jimsumner

jimsumner Senior Member

Split screen?

18. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

Top drawer thinking sir!

Tensilversaxes and zen like this.
  19. shucky ducky

shucky ducky Forum Resident

That would make a pretty funny bumper-sticker...

"Less Boob, More Jerry"

20. John D.

John D. Senior Member

While were at it, let
    Just order the General Audiences version. :tiphat:

21. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

Lesh boob footage and more Jerry?

22. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

More Jerry that Lesh's boobs.

ruben lopez likes this.
  23. seg763

seg763 Senior Member

I'm wondering the same thing. I preordered the Blu-Ray from dead.net. But since it's not Hi-Res Stereo or surround of the entire show, I'm thinking cancel and just order the DVD set from Amazon, a lot less money, the same 3 cd's and good enough quality for a movie I'll probably watch once or twice, albeit no fancy tie-dye book & packaging.

Now if the Blu-Ray turns out to be a dead.net exclusive, maybe I keep the Blu-Ray order to sell on ebay and finance the cost of the regular DVD set plus Moondance or Dylan Bootleg 10.

sound cold? probably, but this is a 2 sided game, the label wants as much money as possible, the consumer wants as much rare music as possible.

24. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

I agree. If there was a CD-only version, I would happily buy it. As it stands, I get to pay a little more for a DVD/BD that I may watch once if ever.

25. chicofishhead

chicofishhead Forum Resident

Except that I was going to buy the DVD but I will not shell out for CDs so I guess they won't get any of my money.

MrTrickle likes this.