Grateful Dead Sunshine Daydream CD/DVD/Blu-ray/Vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Matt Ellers, Aug 2, 2013.

1. djork

djork Forum Resident

Anyone pre-order the vinyl direct from Dead.net? I haven't seen an e-mail saying it's shipped so I'm wondering if anyone can update me. Thanks!

2. glide

glide Forum Resident

I did until I found out it would cost me $100+ when shipping/tax were factored in.

I canceled and changed to Amazon for $69 shipped. It is being delivered today.

3. mld218

mld218 Forum Resident

I ordered the CD's with bluray and Vinyl directly from dead.net. As of this morning my order status on dead.net says backordered. But I know it shipped because I received a UPS notice over night that a package coming to me was shipped from Kentucky (one of their warehouses or dist places). The weight on the package was slightly over 5 lbs so I assume my whole order is being shipped together. I should have it Thursday.

I hope that helps.

4. full moon

full moon Forum Resident

Mine said " back ordered". Yet, this morning I got an email and its in town on the truck via UPS for delivery today.

5. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

Mine hasn't shipped yet. :biglaugh:

6. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

Mine shipped, but then again, I might be one of the only people who didn't cancel the DVD order when it became available on Amazon and elsewhere.

7. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

I ordered the Blu-ray Disc/CD package and vinyl from dead.net, too. Got a shipping notice yesterday. Should be here tomorrow.

8. kj_rawk

kj_rawk Forum Resident

So is the blu-ray version exclusive to dead.net or will it be available in stores?

9. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

For right now, it is exclusive.

10. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

Listening on headphones, the Spotify stream sounds very good. Compared to the SBD the stereo mix on Spotify is wider so some instruments like the piano are much clearer. It also sounds a bit more open and the SBD has some muddiness in the bass. I only compared Mexicali Blues, so YMMV.

11. simon-wagstaff

simon-wagstaff Forum Resident

I haven't ordered it yet so it hasn't shipped yet. I am going to hold out and see if the blu-ray shows up as an individual item.

12. Complier

Complier Senior Member

The blu-ray version should be at my place on Thursday.

13. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I forgot that I even preordered the DVD & 3 cd set from Amazon.I received a shipping notification from them this morning.

14. jhw59

jhw59 Forum Resident

ditto

15. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

For what it's worth, my vinyl order (and CD/Blu-ray order as well) has been announced by email from Dead.net as having been shipped. I received those notifications yesterday.

16. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

I will be curious to see if the vinyl is actually limited to 5000. None of the other Grateful Dead vinyl reissues by Rhino have been limited even if advertised as so.

17. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

My vinyl arrived. Two of the discs have non fill issues and disc two is warped. They look like craters on the moon on the surface of the vinyl. It's going back and I doubt I will get a replacement unless the price drops considerably. The quad-fold packaging is kinda cheap and you have to cram the records in their sleeves. Very dissapointed in this set.

:cussing:

18. reeler

reeler Forum Resident

This is one of the most fabled dead shows, heads have long wanted "official" release. I'll take it as it comes- just so long as it comes (I'm going for the bluray/cd package, mine shows back order).
    Back in the day we held this show in such high esteem that in August 1982 we hired the local GD cover band, rented a generator and PA, used sickles on a field, and dosed up to commemorate the 10th anniversary.
    I agree with the posters who feel this is the best film footage of them- the clarity and color is excellent, as is the audio recording. Yea it cuts away from the band frequently- but so does the GD movie. Thanks to those who worked to bring this to light.

RiRiIII likes this.
  19. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

Dead.net says sold out...

mine should be here today!!!

20. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

Was this pressed at RTI or somewhere else?

21. spaulding

spaulding Hoi Polloi

That's a cryin' shame. Mine arrived and all the sides sound perfect after a close listening session that lasted hours.
    The vinyl is flat and clean and the mastering is outstanding.
    Can't wait to listen to it again in a more relaxed state :winkgrin:.

22. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Strange.... I went to Dead.net, pushed the ADD TO CART button and a pop-up came up telling me it was sold out. Then it said continue to checkout and there was the vinyl set in my cart with an "In Stock" indication. Weird. But since I already have it coming I didn't continue on from there.

Regardless, I ordered both the Blu-Ray and Vinyl from Dead.net on they day it was announced and both shipped yesterday.

I (foolishly) ordered the vinyl from Dead.net because when it was announced (even though it wasn't indicated as a Dead.net exclusive) it said Limited Edition and I didn't want to be shut out. I effectively paid list price with a fairly large shipping charge. No matter .... the truth is I will have the LP (hoping it isn't in the same shape as aoxomoxoa's copy).

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  23. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

oddly enough I just went on and it says avail again, maybe they were just backordered a bit....

24. stinsojd

stinsojd Senior Member

Judging by the inner sleeves and the looks of my vinyl copy, I have a strong suspicion that it is Rainbo. My set was mostly perfect as far as surface noise, flatness, and visual defects. However, LP #4 does have a small gouge on one side that causes a couple of clicks. The other side has a little surface noise, too. This is the first time I have had any Rhion Grateful Dead vinyl that was not perfect. I ordered from Amazon so I may take another chance.

I did not see any non-fill, though... That is the deal-breaker "red line" for me.

I am really getting gun shy about vinyl releases that don't mention the pressing plant. It usually turns out to be either Rainbo or United whenever they don't specify. Sad.

hvbias likes this.
  25. Kate_C.

Kate_C. abyssus abyssum invocat

Some familiar faces back at Veneta 10 yrs. later...