Great place for purchasing cheesy, old B-Movies!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chiron, Aug 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiron

Chiron Active Member Thread Starter

Thought maybe *someone* would be interested in this site that sells, well, B-movies from the 30's-80's. A majority of these movies have been on MST3K, and god forbid, they are uncut! Prices are steep, but I think it's worth it:

www.sinistercinema.com

:D

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I may be wrong, but this seems like a bootleg operation on DVD-R to me.
    If so, a pox on it! :mad:

3. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

It DOES look like DVD-R's! Sources are 16MM and one that I found is "Our video master is an NTSC 3/4" transfer of a somewhat soft looking PAL master."

And they don't have "Dark Star", sci-fi schlock. :-(

4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I don't appreciate the DVD-R bootleggers...there used to be a creep that bootlegged Sci-Fi & Horror & whatever VHS in the 80's...always POOR quality and overpriced...had hundreds of titles and was blatant, out in the open about it...HE/SHE? was selling UNIVERSAL and just about every known studio in and out of existance...ALL the major studio movie releases from the 30's on up! This is shades of that character! Legit DVD's are a great bargain in todays market and the studios strive to give the best product...I've been thrilled with the many great DVD releases...:)

5. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

have you tried vci entertainment? I dont know the website, but try vci.com. They have darkstar and all kinds of other B movies and westerns and they are legit.

6. Chiron

Chiron Active Member Thread Starter

Oops! I screwed up. I didn't realize...

Geez, gotta pay more attention sometimes. :(

7. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

That's it!!!!!!!

http://www.vcientertainment.com/800.html

Look under Sci-Fi! And only $9.99!

Thanks, BL-65!!! :cool:

8. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

Gary- Tell em who sent ya!

9. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

Actually, a lot of these B movies that Sinister Cinema sells are in the public domain but they are DVD-R discs according to the site.

10. BradOlson

Two of my favorite B-westerns is The Over The Hill Gang and The Over The Hill Gang Rides Again and those are available on DVD from legitimate distributors. UAV, Platinum Disc, Brentwood, Digital Media Experience, Unicorn, GoodTimes, etc. I have the UAV DVDs of both movies which do not have scene access or any other bonuses (I know other DVD versions of these do have scene access) but the picture quality on the UAV DVDs is excellent making up for the extras.

11. BradOlson

The Outlaw with Jane Russell is another must see although there are no decent prints out there on DVD or VHS videocassette. The ultimate Billy The Kid movie.

12. Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair Forum Resident

Sinister Cinema has been around for a LONG time (way before DVD) and is a legit operation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.