Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (Soundtrack) Vinyl (& CD) Pre-Order Acoustic Sounds *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DotKom11, Aug 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident

This is now available on iTunes.

Troxad likes this.
  2. Troxad

Troxad Forum Resident

I just came here to say the same thing. It's on all the streaming services too.

3. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Sound effects all over. Just what people predicted here.

Edit: well, not "all over", you undertand what I meant.

4. JamesD1957

I went ahead and cancelled my Amazon order and took a chance on the iTunes issue. Glad I saved the $4 over the price of the CD. This thing is short enough anyway, but it seems that almost all of the tracks have a lot of dead time at the end making this an extremely short listen. No way I would splurge on the vinyl for this one. Having said that, what is here is fun!

5. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Beautiful music. It's a shame that the tapes are missing.

Hep Alien and Troxad like this.
  6. Troxad

Troxad Forum Resident

Too bad the iTunes version doesn't include a digital booklet; those liner notes should be great.

Hep Alien likes this.
  7. Pants Party

Pants Party MOSTLY PEACEFUL

How's the sound? I'm not expecting much, but I was playing the blu-ray this weekend and.. maaan, does it sound boxy. Just hoping this source is clearer

8. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

9. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

It's too late to cancel my order. I know when I'm licked. I'll try to enjoy those 20 minutes of music.

A question: where does the stereo take of "Linus and Lucy" featured on the Greatest Hits release come from? I guess it's a re-recording, isn't it?

10. MaestroDavros

MaestroDavros Forum Resident

I've decided to cancel my order. If Scott McGuire can't be bothered about this release why should I? I get the impression that Derrick would express the same, but naturally can't because he wrote the liner notes for it. :shrug:

11. whisper3978

whisper3978 Forum Resident

Such a sham. It would have been one thing if they were up front about it, but they weren't.

Hep Alien likes this.
  12. JamesD1957

Cash grab and lost opportunity. But I don't regret getting the iTunes release. $7.99. With iTunes you can easily set the start and stop time for each track which can get rid of deadtime and strange edits, and also get rid of the repetitive stuff. I ended up with about 15 minutes of music, but I did leave in a bit of the repetition. This could easily be pared down to 12 minutes or less. As for the sound effects, some I was okay with like Snoopy in the Tipperary section, and others I was really bothered, such as "Trick or Treat" with the candy and rocks effects. The extra effects in Breathless were particularly bothersome.

I've incorporated the adjusted tracks that I want into my Halloween playlist and will play it at this time of year, but it certainly won't be like my other Peanuts soundtracks that I enjoy at anytime of year. Shame.

Hep Alien likes this.
  13. RingoStarr39

RingoStarr39 Forum Resident

I also noticed that some songs are even edited from the film versions.
    The Graveyard Theme doesn't have the extended fade out from the original special with the Coca Cola ad.
    And they crossfaded Snoopy and the Leaf and Frieda.
    I get that this is all they really had to work with, but they even could have presented that better. Most tracks have way too much NR too.

Hep Alien likes this.
  14. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Anybody?

15. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Yes, it's a different performance. A pity, the one for the Halloween special is still the best arrangement.

16. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

Next year. Next year we'll get the full soundtrack, I'm sure of it. The lost tapes will be found and the full, unedited tracks will be released for all the girls and boys of the world to enjoy. And here I'll sit. Waiting. In the most sincere music forum there is. Sincerity from post to post.

You just wait. It'll show up, I'm sure of it. You'll see!

havenz, Tanx, Hep Alien and 10 others like this.
  17. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

18. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

It's the guy in the red suit and the white beard who goes haw haw haw that will make it happen.

JasonA likes this.
  19. smcguire

smcguire Well-Known Member

It's taken from the 1964 A Boy Named Charlie Brown album. The mastering's slightly different, but otherwise the tracks are identical.

Hep Alien likes this.
  20. Pants Party

Pants Party MOSTLY PEACEFUL

Look at you all... We all knew from the start exactly what this was and I for one eagerly jumped on-board. Is this what you've all become!? Did we quit when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor?!

Well, I'm diving into that pumpkin patch with Linus on Friday. I'll be dodging the cannon-fire with my pal Snoopy. Besides, it would be an effort to record the audio off my blu-ray, cook-up the nice package and print it all. I can't wait for Friday!

[​IMG]

21. Troxad

Troxad Forum Resident

I'm with you! We knew this was what we were getting! It's about the best they can do with what they have, and I'll happily take it. I've been listening to a bootleg version for years, and am happy that I'll finally have a proper release.

Hep Alien and Pants Party like this.
  22. whisper3978

whisper3978 Forum Resident

"Proper" isn't the way I'd put it!

Jerry Horne likes this.
  23. Troxad

Troxad Forum Resident

Official, I mean.

Hep Alien likes this.
  24. Troxad

Troxad Forum Resident

Since a proper one isn't really possible. They did what they could.

Pants Party likes this.
  25. pseudopod

pseudopod Dig Yourself

Amazon emailed me weeks ago saying they would not be able to get the vinyl and I never bothered ordering the CD. I'm glad I didn't after reading that review from "5 Cents, Please". Until this is done right (if it ever is) I'll just stick with enjoying the TV special annually as I have since I was a small child in the 70's.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.