Great seller from Japan attacked by the scammer?

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by mscoll, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mscoll

mscoll Forum Resident Thread Starter

I can not understand this, such a people! Seller had a fantastic reputation on eBay, after the same person who broke in Jonas's opinion issued worthless negatives.

The bayer (onlyrareplease) left 5 negative feedback for muff8678

This guy used the very rogue words. The same guy few month's back broke Jonas eBay reputation. I remember that time in the profile could be seen Norway, a country of origin. Now is United States! What this guy doing? He want to broke and down feedback reputation of good sellers? Maybe he is a scammer or hes account was taken by scammer (is not very possible). :shake:

I must add that i buy from muff8678 few times and everything was perfect!

2. webbcity

webbcity Confused Onlooker

Wow...some people are nuts. Thanks for sharing, this is useful information-- I've now added this person to my "blocked bidders" list.

3. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

That buyer is now listed as "not a registered user", did he/she leave the negatives and scram or did EBay take action?

muff8678 iis one of the best music dealers on EBay.

4. mscoll

I will! This man is crazy!

5. darkmatter

darkmatter Gort Astronomer Staff

muff8678 is an excellent seller I have bought many discs from them :)

Is there anyway a complaint can be put in against such scammers?

6. mscoll

Who knows, maybe the guy returns with a new account? Unbelievable!

7. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Another vote for muff8678. Great seller. Perhaps he can get those negatives removed.

8. I bought several times from muff8678 and want to say this is one of the nicest places to buy at e-Bay: excellent, detailed (and true) description of items and very reasonable prices (at least from my experience).

9. houston

houston Forum Resident

yeah, Muff8678 is a great seller, Ebay contacted me, asking a few questions, a year or so, ago, rating Muff's service, which I said was easily top 5 among Ebay sellers....I can only imagine those negatives will be deleted soon, hopefully, anyway, it's obviously fictional reviews

10. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

Personally I don't think eBay should have private feedback.

11. steeler1979

steeler1979 Darren from Nashville

Muff8678 is one of the greatest sellers I've ever encountered. Everything has always been PERFECT with him in my experience!

12. webbcity

webbcity Confused Onlooker

Okay, now I'm also going to mark muff8678 as a favorite seller. :)

13. ivan_wemple

ivan_wemple Senior Member

OK, but you can't really credit muff8678 for the prices, as all of their stuff is auctioned... the market sets the prices.

14. onebit

onebit Forum Resident

Yuko & Rieko are the best. I absolutely love dealing with these ladies.

Here's why:

- always great titles (where do they find this stuff?)
    - a manageable number of listings every week (not thousands)
    - impeccable grading (their standards are so high, that even their VG means at least Ex+ to me; most of the time I struggle to find the flaws in their items)
    - auction only listings mean there are some occasional bargains to be had
    - great communication and response

This is why they consistently receive excellent feedback from me.

So bummed by that ***** - he is now on my blocked bidder list.

15. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Another :thumbsup: for Muff8678

16. steeler1979

steeler1979 Darren from Nashville

Would it be against forum rules to start a thread of "forum approved" internet sellers? No bashing the bad, just recognizing the best ones? hmmmm

17. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

Wow. Bummer for this seller to get trashed by someone who hides behind the "private" mode.

I would agree that this should not be allowed.

At one time I used to have a problem with the fact that few if any sellers would provide feedback before I would do so as a buyer. Still don't like that fact.

If I understand the system now, a seller can't even respond with a negative. I could be wrong, That may not be correct either.

When ebay starting hiding the identities of bidders, I started placing fewer bids anyway, because I did see some bids prior to the change to hide the "names" that appeared to me to be "shill" bids. Same list of bidders from the same list of sellers. I don't need to rely on ebay to police that. They catch it at some point, but I would like to do some research on my own on high $ items.

On a side note, my email address that I have had for ages started getting tons of spam "email returns" a few weeks after I left a negative on a seller who was clearly deceptive and I did not want to bother and haggle over a $20.00 CD. I did contact one other buyer who experienced the same. Not much I can do to fix that damage.

18. bekayne

bekayne Senior Member

So why does Ebay still let those offensive comments remain?

19. ashlee5

ashlee5 Senior Member

I've been buying stuff from Yuko and Rieko every week for several years, buying hundreds of CDs. I'm yet to have my first disappointment.

:wave:

20. Backdoorman73

Backdoorman73 Forum Resident

An unpleasant experience indeed. Not sure what his real name is but used an english first and swedish last at that time. He also compromised email's I've sent him forwarding them to Keith and maybe others.

Since you can't leave a negative to a buyer and besides that it's possible to hide warning comments under a private profile the blocking opportunity is really worthless nowadays. All buyers have a 100% record, sorting is impossible.
    If you want to scam a seller the current system provides you with the tools.

:thumbsdn:

21. I_Zimbra

I_Zimbra New Member

I can't see the negs now - presumably common sense has prevailed?

22. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

23. I_Zimbra

I_Zimbra New Member

24. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

At least any potential buyers will see that the only 6 negative feedback received out of 6180 items sold in the last 12 months are all from the same person. :righton:

25. mscoll

Few weeks later when i create the thread i mailed to seller with my opinion about thoes negatives. Here is what i get from muff8678;

Those negatives don't change nothing with our opinion, but we don't know who is from other side...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.