Great tt design, but...

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Claus, Nov 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claus

Claus Senior Member Thread Starter

2. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

Do you think they'll throw in a free record or 20?

Todd

3. Claus

sure... :p :laugh: :) ;)

4. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Every time I look at this turntable, I see that many DIY designs do similar things, but a real banana-audiophile might feel his life isn't complete unless he buys the biggest, most expensive analog front end available.

Is the joy from hearing one of these things so great that you might have a stroke? Uh, maybe?

I like the fact that people are using their own ideas into the Teres line:

http://my.execpc.com/~n9zes/teres.html
    http://www.teresaudio.com/tables.html

Much less too ! :p

5. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

I think some of those banana-audiophiles just have so much money that they don't really care (as much as most of us do) if they sink $10,000 into a TT. There might be a bit of stress maybe like when we ponder spending anywhere from $750-1,000 on a piece of equipment. A friend's father spent over $100,000 on his system. He could afford it and loves the music it playsback but hardly has the time to use it. He wouldn't even know how to bias the tubes or when they should be checked. A friend of his designed the system and he happily paid for it. He has a custom-made TT (looks like a piece of art/miles more $$$ than the VPI) and he never uses it (He mentioned the needle broke a few years earlier and it's collecting dust). It's a different world I guess...

Todd

6. Claus

I agree with you... the high end business and sometimes also their users are a small community are "crazy"...

I have spent more than $ 300.000 between 1988 and 1995... :confused: and I'm happy I've left this circle always buying the latest gear!!!

I know I easily can find a better tt than my Well Tempered Signature, but who cares? The music is the most important thing... either it's on CD, SACD or the good old vinyl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.