Greatest Hit's Albums That Are Missing Significant Hits

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Remington Steele, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Forum Resident

You have the USA vinyl of this compilation, other countries, and also K7 and 1989 CD version have this track

2. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits and Abbie: Best Dogs Ever

Other than the terrible lyrics, that is! :D

Matthew Tate likes this.
  3. Oatsdad

"Bang Bang" only got to #49 in the UK and apparently didn't chart elsewhere, so it wasn't much of a hit.

That said, a lot of Squeeze songs didn't do much on the charts - "Goodbye Girl" is on "Singles" and it charted worse!

4. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

I think Glenn and Chris absolutely loathe the song; I can't remember the details but it's discussed in the excellent "Squeeze: Song By Song" book that came out a while ago.

Oatsdad likes this.
  5. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

And that is the very reason I have never bought a BS comp. It is my favourite of his songs and no best of package seems complete without it.

Further to the OP's point about Pat Benatar's Best Shots, I am pretty certain the UK edition included Sex As A Weapon. It was possibly her biggest hit here.

Matthew Tate and carlwm like this.
  6. Another Steve

Another Steve Forum Resident

This one reached #23 on the American charts. He didn't have that many Top 40 hits.

Upteen compilations...going back decades, and "Blue Money" is MIA on every single one of them.

Why the disdain, Van?

Shaking my head for years now.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  7. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

probably mentioned but R.E.M. has 2 releases that cover the warner bros year and neither release has these songs on it in the hit versions.

-drive-I think this was the highest charting hit from automatic for the people
    -strange currencies-this was the last big hit by them I remember being played to death and the video shown to death
    -bang and blame- isn't this the biggest charting hit from monster?

8. Oatsdad

I don't even remember "Bang Bang"! :)

Eric_Generic likes this.