Greg Timbers chat.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by ErinH, May 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErinH

ErinH Forum Resident Thread Starter

Sharing for those who might be interested.

Greg was a guest on my channel last week where we discussed various topics from his approach in loudspeaker design (measuring and listening) to the DIY speakers he is using in his home at this moment.

I don't monetize these "interview" videos, so this isn't spam

Monty12 likes this.
  2. contium

contium Forum Resident

Not much interest on this at Steve Hoffman? One of JBL's top all time designers. Was interesting to hear that while one of the premier audio engineers with all the best tools at his disposal at JBL Northridge, he wasn't just about measurements. I've owned several of his designs and always had a tremendous amount of respect for him. Even more so after watching this and seeing his openness. I'm sure the purely objective clan of ASR, Audioholics, even ErinH were twitching a little at some of the comments Greg made about vinyl, digital, tubes, horns, dynamics, etc. And, while he doesn't beleive in magic, he admitted that even the top research facility couldn't explain everything with measurements. I gave up on JBL when they closed Northridge and fired many engineers including Greg. Shame on you Harman.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
    Monty12 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.