Greta Van Fleet...Anyone?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tree of Life, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria Thread Starter

Disagree

Band name is catchy..something your not likely to forget.

I can name a thousand that are just plain stupid but that didn't stop people from liking them or the longevity of their career

Kate_C. likes this.
  2. RandelPink

RandelPink The camel wore a nightie

Any more news on the Vinyl release? Can't find any info on their site or social media pages

3. jmpatrick

jmpatrick Forum Resident

MikeInFla and RandelPink like this.
  4. ian christopher

ian christopher Argentina (in Spirit)

Depeche Mode was featured on Drudge a few days ago.

He knows his audience -- old-mid wave Xers and all manner of Boomers.

artfromtex likes this.
  5. RandelPink

6. Exile On My Street

Exile On My Street Senior Member

Not my thing but I wish them luck! It's good to see a thread exploring new music, however. Of course they're looked upon with the usual disdain similar to what our parents and grandparents did when The Beatles and Stones hit our shores.

You spend most of your life trying not to turn into your parents and the other half acting just like they did.

It's really depressing how many people on this forum, which is beginning to resemble a senior community, are unwilling to open their ears and minds and embrace new sounds like they once did.

eddiel, Andrew J, jonj and 2 others like this.
  7. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

EP is supposed to come out tomorrow (Dec. 8). Asked my local shop to get one in.

8. RandelPink

Just put a pre-order in but I am wondering why they would have chose to only release BSR on vinyl? Why not do the new FTF release as well? Questionable merchandizing management :waiting:

9. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

I picked up the BSR EP at a local shop over the weekend.

10. Steel Horse

Steel Horse Forum Resident

Young promising Hard Rock band that hasn't yet released their first full lenght record. Still they are pissed all over by some Forum members. Is it better that current music is a mix of EDM and Rap. Let the young guys evolve and bring back some youngsters to Rawk. Hey, hey, My, my.....

11. Hgavinyl

Hgavinyl Forum Resident

Vinyl sounds fine, mine had a slight warp, but nothing major. I really think it should have been a 7inch 45rpm instead of a 12inch 33rpm, but oh well.

12. Eric Weinraub

Eric Weinraub Forum Resident

My wife turned me on to these guys... fantastic.

artfromtex likes this.
  13. Joeinator97

Joeinator97 Forum Resident

They just sound too much like Zeppelin for me to take them seriously as a real artist. Also the fact that they don't even mention zeppelin as an influence in multiple interviews turns me off. The singer listed John ****ing Denver as a top 3 influence on him, but won't even acknowledge Plant's influence? C'mon

violetvinyl likes this.
  14. Beatnik_Daddyo'73

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 Music Addiction Personified

...did Wolfmother cut their hair?

ian christopher, painted8 and JasonA like this.
  15. Sentient Six

Sentient Six Forum Resident

This is all I see with all the negative comments who can't get past removing their lips from Led Zeppelin's collective bum:
    [​IMG]

MikeInFla, Tree of Life and JasonA like this.
  16. Freedom Rider

Freedom Rider Senior Member

Seriously, these guys are really good. Yes, they're not terribly original, and the vocalist does sound a lot like Plant - so what? The guy's got a great set of pipes, and the music just plain rocks. What more could you ask for?

I'll be curious to see how their first full-length album turns out - but this EP already shows some promise.

MikeInFla, aroney and Tree of Life like this.
  17. Freedom Rider

Freedom Rider Senior Member

18. snipe

snipe Forum Resident

A guy I work with introduced me to them yesterday. Just listened on Tidal and purchased the cd. Looking forward to more.

Sentient Six and artfromtex like this.
  19. perplexed

perplexed Forum Resident

Recently saw them at Bowery Ballroom in NYC. If you were wondering, these kids can really bring it live.

Yes, it is very Zeppelin influenced. In the same way a band like Rancid is Clash influenced. Interested in seeing how they develop as a band

20. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

It's already shaping up to be a good 2018 for the band as they'll be playing at at some big music fests.

Those festival slots and touring dollars are the best way to stay viable as a working band these days:

Tour | gretavanfleet

21. Boswell

Boswell Forum Resident

You sound very confused. These guys do not represent what is best about NEW music.
    They sound like a baby boomer's wet dream, ha ha ha

That line about the parents? So when the Beatles and the Stones came out the adults were complaining that they were second rate versions of music they used to listen to??
    NO They listened to Pop and Big Band and Jazz and Country and Classical and etc. They didn't like the new bands because they didn't sound like what they thought music was.

Tired old Rock fans who hear this band and say, "Finally, some real music" are the problem, not older people who actually like new and talented and different sounding music.

Again, that was a very confused post there

22. Exile On My Street

Exile On My Street Senior Member

My parents listened to Doo-Wop and Elvis.

Sorry for the confusion. :crazy:

23. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

• I learned of their music from two Wall Street Journal articles. Color me impressed, but I have no idea why they were covered in the Wall Street Journal. As of a couple of months ago, I was unable to find vinyl releases of their albums. I think every radio station gig and every club they ever played is live on YouTube.

24. Wolfbrother from another mother? They have talent but, the singer's Plant affectations are to m-m-m-ma-m-ma-m-ma-m-much for me.

JL6161 and Boswell like this.
  25. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

Because they are a young band that was already getting excellent press and reviews from the music media and the WSJ writer who wrote the story covers music/audio (including a piece on vinyl that made Mike Fremer flip out).

They only just put out a vinyl release of their first EP and it sold out quickly. Their output is available to stream, on CD and download. I'm sure they'll be putting out more vinyl.

Right now I'm sure they are focused on playing and getting as many live gigs lined up as possible since that's the only way to make any real money in the music biz these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.