Grrrrr: The Black Metal ~ Death Metal Thread*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dreadnought, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Dreadnought

Dreadnought I'm a live wire. Look at me burn. Thread Starter

Okay, Ataraxy vs Ataraxie as I haven't listened to ie since personally discovering them not long ago.

Once it picks up after 5 minutes.

Game 7, go Boston! (So they're less hungry against the Leafs next year). And come on Raptors, end it already tomorrow.

lenny nero likes this.
  2. lenny nero

lenny nero down by the ruined bridge

I own something by 8 of these bands.

Deuce66 and Dreadnought like this.
  3. Dreadnought

I have 10. I swore I had some others but when I checked I did not. Checking some out and this should probably appeal to you O Doomed one. At one point I had two albums playing at the same time and didn't notice anything amiss. :laugh:

lenny nero likes this.
  4. Dreadnought

This is one I was sure I had but I do not. That will be fixed!
    The nice thing about the Kerrang list is the convenient links to the bandcamps and facebooks. Makes it so easy and quick to grab an earful.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    lenny nero and Deuce66 like this.
  5. Dreadnought

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    lenny nero likes this.
  6. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I've got 9 covered.

Dreadnought and lenny nero like this.
  7. lenny nero

Ha! How did you know that I own both of these? I have the ossuarium on vinyl. Both are great!

Dreadnought likes this.
  8. Dreadnought

Evidently I'm in tune with East Tennessee. Maybe on an old UHF channel. :wave:
    I didn't know you had them.

[​IMG]

lenny nero likes this.
  9. heathen

heathen Forum Resident

Strong showing by Colorado in that list.

Dreadnought likes this.
  10. Dreadnought

I have no defensible rationale for my wish that American bands lead the way for Metal. It's merely an affection for the nation.

Any of you guys exercise?
    I'm sure I saw @fuzzface did walking. Since I stopped long distance cycling five years ago (30-50 miles twice a week after work and 70-100 miles on a Sat or Sun). I slowly went from 160 lbs to 200lbs. It's very aggravating to me. I ordered an mp3 player and will circumnavigate the globe on foot...one hour at a time! :p That came to mind while checking out the 2019 album by Hate. It's not special in anyway but it is very mechanical and regulated of pace. I might have ditched it but then it occurred to me it may just be a very good walking companion. Maybe some day I'll do Satanic weight lifting sessions. HAIL!..oof :laugh:
    Auric Gates of Veles, by Hate

June 14

Brenald79 and lenny nero like this.
  11. Dreadnought

lenny nero likes this.
  12. Dreadnought

Taking a look back at Hate I became stuck on this song which might be the nearest thing in so-called extreme metal to the catchiness of a radio hit type. Musically a second-rate Behemoth perhaps but I do like the vocals more. All the masculine heft that is standard but with clear articulation. The visuals aren't my thing but I was listening to the audio which I do own.

lenny nero likes this.
  13. lenny nero

I ran throughout my 30's/early 40's. I've slowed now that im in my late 40's, as I dont want my knees to give out on me. My elderly mother had knee replacement surgery several years ago and it turned into a nightmare ordeal for her and that gave me pause about my running. I'm down to 4-6 miles a week on the treadmill at this point. I used to always run outside with my teeny ipod shuffle full o' metal. Nowadays I hit the treadmill and listen to podcasts.

Dreadnought likes this.
  14. Dreadnought

Running is brutal. Cycling is relatively easy. Before his fall from grace Lance Armstrong ran the New York marathon and it nearly killed him. An old bear of a guy has been slowly running around my block for years and I admire him. He doesn't lose weight, not that I know what he might have looked like before running, but I think he's doing it for heart health. Running for his life.
    I'll do the walk. Maybe run when going downhill. Thank Lenny. :righton:

[​IMG]

deredordica, Deuce66 and Brenald79 like this.
  15. Dreadnought

16. Dreadnought

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The two images posted by Blood Incantation with the request:
    "ATTENTION PEOPLE OF DENVER:
    We require a Realistic/Moog MG-1 Concertmate and a GONG for maximum results on our new record.
    Please get in touch if you can provide these items for rent."

Might this be the title of the album they're working on? It'll be an auto-buy.

[​IMG]

Not sure why this does not sound like rubbish, as most vids do.

deredordica, lenny nero and 100423 like this.
  17. Dreadnought

I always wondered what became of Cousin It. Spotted after the cool bit at 2:30! Is that the sound of a fan in rapure at 2:47? :laugh:

lenny nero likes this.
  18. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Don’t know anything about biking but just heard about the Paloton home spin bike. It’s like being in a live spin class and most importantly you can use your own music.
    Peloton® | Exercise Bike With Indoor Cycling Classes Streamed Live & On-Demand

lenny nero and Dreadnought like this.
  19. Dreadnought

Thanks Brenald. Looks pretty cool in that it seems to be something that'll keep your attention. $3,000 though, ouch. Now instead of a tablet to look at it with a sweaty dude shouting at me if it was a projection system and I was looking at approaching country road. Maybe that'll be a future model. Then there's the adjustable difficulty, urban variation with killer cars trying to take you out. The bike can be leaned to the sides of course. I'm getting all Matrix now. ;)

I do have rollers. The guy falling isn't to laugh at the poor guy but to demonstrate that they really are that tricky at first. Everyone falls. I put a hole in the wall. Later it was easy. Never became as good as the one foot juggler. Unlike a stationary bike rollers will keep you on your toes regarding balance. It's like riding on ice.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I dropped $4 for this. The bass should be a lesson in Metal Pre-school for the tykes; bass should be heard!
    Supreme Degradation, by Ossuary

nalyzed: Ossuary / Supreme Degradation
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DR Peak RMS Duration Track
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DR6 -1.00 dB -7.92 dB 7:39 01-Lured by Cadence of Wraiths
    DR6 -1.00 dB -7.64 dB 5:10 02-Bestial Triumph
    DR6 -1.00 dB -7.51 dB 5:31 03-Supreme Degradation
    DR6 -1.00 dB -7.99 dB 6:50 04-Seep into the Moldering Void
    Number of tracks: 4
    Official DR value: DR6
    Samplerate: 48000 Hz
    Channels: 2
    Bits per sample: 24
    Bitrate: 1785 kbps
    Codec: FLAC

lenny nero likes this.
  20. 100423

100423 Traversing The Dream

21. Dreadnought

Just stop right there!

[​IMG]

Behold!

[​IMG]

No need for muscles here.

[​IMG]

I lifted weights once. I put a hole in the wall. :uhhuh:

Crazy maybe but I love this song! Nothing much happens. There are no highlights, no real events.
    It's just horizon to horizon of grooving rolling thunder.

Seep into the Moldering Void, by Ossuary
    18:00 on the youtube link two posts back.

[​IMG]

lenny nero likes this.
  22. Scroller

Scroller Hair Metal, Smooth Jazz, New Age...it's all good

I loafed around all weekend, drank coffee and listened to nothing but metal, all these in their entirety:

Sabbath ~ Master Of Reality
    Death ~ Symbolic
    Opeth ~ Blackwater Park
    Morbid Angel ~ Altars Of Madness
    Death ~ The Sound Of Perseverance
    Wormed ~ Planisphaerium
    At The Gates ~ Slaughter Of The Soul
    Sepultura ~ Beneath The Remains

...and I pre ordered the new Tomb Mold on vinyl. Those new songs are pretty sick

23. Dreadnought

I'm overdue for a Sabbath binge. Some recent song reminded me of Planet Caravan though only faintly reminiscent and not nearly as gorgeous and (1970) unprecedented.

Thanks to Lenny Nero's recommendation I binge watched Deadwood, finished season two and am already inconsolable that it will end in just twelve more episodes. Tit Licker! This from a guy who hates 99% of all westerns. I believe I'd have hated them even if I were watching in the 1950's and 60's. And I gave so much credit 15 years ago to The Sopranos for television leapfrogging movies as premium entertainment meanwhile running at the same time was this show. TV really have such an advantage of time to develop characters and viewer involvement.

I rewatch scenes to savor the editing.

Scroller and lenny nero like this.
  24. ljohnfoxx123

ljohnfoxx123 Lord Foxx Of Chorley

[​IMG]

Great slice of Black Metal.
    Don't know if it's been mentioned before but this (Hypnotic Dirge Records ) Bandcamp page has lots of Doom, Black and Death Metal ... All Name your price.
    Great stuff by
    NONE Norilsk Kval etc, etc, etc.

Dreadnought and 100423 like this.
  25. lenny nero

Everytime I see Blayne now, i think of when you called him 'pipe cleaner arms' and laugh! He'd probably laugh too.

Is Ossuary related to Ossuarium? There's a double bill!

Dreadnought likes this.