Grrrrr: The Black Metal ~ Death Metal Thread*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dreadnought, Oct 24, 2016.

1. SlevinKelevra

SlevinKelevra Forum Resident

I might agree with that, but this is a specific thread that like 5-10 people at most post it. Not the "general membership". The standards should be higher

That's like saying that at the grocery store it would be ok for the stock boy to put cans of dinty moore beef stew in the cold meat case, then talking to him about it off the clock at his house and hoping he corrects it.

Good for them, but they aren't really moral deliberations if they choose to be ignorant or intentionally hypocritical about them.

How do you delete cds or vinyls ?

so, just to be clear , did you "delete" Inquisition too, or not?

good for you.

2. SlevinKelevra

Vader should sue them for color pallette infringement.

3. Dreadnought

Dreadnought I'm a live wire. Look at me burn. Thread Starter

I have no Inquisition in my possession. Never have. I liked Pinhead's question about sound quality so I headed out and found the answer. I was being nice.

lenny nero likes this.
  4. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

The Metal Archives includes Avatar.

They also famously point out that only early Meshuggah is metal to them. And have deleted bands they once included after they became popular.

It’s just one website with their own opinions. If you want to parrot them, go ahead.

5. Dreadnought

Message sent to Temple Of Void:
    "Hi guys, congratulations for with "The World That Was" you've become the best band in the world. My question is regarding the video for "Self-Schism". I find the live performance parts to be so magnificent that I want more of that. Would it ever be possible to view raw footage or outtakes in a deluxe package of the album? To be able to view a straight live performance? Thank you guys for an album that in the future will be considered a classic. Mike"

The message was spurred on a little by a debate I had at work with a friend. We discovered the other year that he was a grade ahead of me at the same junior high and high school and so had a fair amount in common. The entertainment in debating him, which differs greatly from our discussions, is that he usually knows nothing about what he talks about. He knows he doesn't know but sallies forth for the sheer fun of it. And it was thus that he strayed upon metal. He spoke so generally, not more than a few names (Ozzy, Iron Maiden), that I countered that there are so many micro-genres now in 2020 that "metal" no longer is what he knew.

He asked for two examples so he could determine if such a thing as micro-genres did exist. For song one I used my fav song of the year TOV's Self-Schism and explained how death-doom differed from death and from doom. Another guy jumped into the viewing of the video on my phone after his repeated voice commands to phone kept resulting in Cuban music playing.
    The result of the TOV video viewing was speechlessness. Not even an observation. Then we got busted up for business. To be continued...:righton:

6. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

I preordered this on Bandcamp as soon as I got the email. I'm kicking myself for not ordering the CD at the same time. I could have saved some money. Relapse doesn't do very many CDs anymore. When they do they are usually short runs. I recently ordered three of their CDs from Hells Headbangers just in case they become difficult to find much like most of their catalog is.

lenny nero likes this.
  7. lenny nero

lenny nero down by the ruined bridge

I've got the new one coming to me by snail mail. This one is my jam:

Dreadnought and fuzzface like this.
  8. lenny nero

I'm going to have to check them out, as I dig all of those bands.

Brenald79 likes this.
  9. lenny nero

Second photo is of me before I go out and mow the yard.

Dreadnought likes this.
  10. lenny nero

I got my preorder in on amazon as soon as it went up, hopefully I will get the week of release. Cd stock is getting dodgy all over. I ordered some vinyl from Haunt on bandcamp and it took forever to ship, not because of stock issues, but because they ran out of shipping boxes for vinyl, and because of covid, it was taking forever for them to get boxes. Craziness.

eric777 likes this.
  11. lenny nero

Dreadnought likes this.
  12. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Finally got around to this one, thanks TIDAL. Obviously too commercial for purists due to its hybrid of genres (I don't care), it works well.

Dreadnought likes this.
  13. Dreadnought

What a difficult album, for me. I listened to it twice (a nice compact length album) and I don't know if I like it or not. I definitely love the production. Going to have to hit it a third and fourth time looking for the "eureka"

I skipped thru it and after some dreaminess was unexpectedly floored by heaviness around 43:00. Going to have to hear the whole thing now. Thanks a lot! :wantsome:lol
    "Recorded live to tape at 25th street recording In Oakland, CA" :cool:

Words to live by sometimes. :edthumbs:

Deuce66 likes this.
  14. Dreadnought

15. SlevinKelevra

hard to believe that's the same guy who helped get malicious records in trouble. old age turns people into wimps I guess.

16. SlevinKelevra

that's the most BS excuse/laziness story I've ever heard.

17. SlevinKelevra

18. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

I don’t know if this band has been discussed in this thread, but I thought I would share anyway. I purchased all three albums on Bandcamp.

Shed The Skin

The Forbidden Arts, by SHED THE SKIN

fuzzface and Dreadnought like this.
  19. Dreadnought

I'm thoroughly enjoying this! Really, really good. It sounds great too. :righton:

fuzzface and eric777 like this.
  20. Dreadnought

Happy Canada Day :wave:

[​IMG]

21. lenny nero

Let's celebrate Canada's finest!

[​IMG]

Dreadnought likes this.
  22. Dreadnought

Oh gawd! :faint: Curse you red baron! :laugh:

lenny nero likes this.
  23. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Some more Canadian cheese rock and we all know we produced a TON of it in the 80's.

lenny nero and Dreadnought like this.
  24. lenny nero

^^^I've never seen that before, but gawd I'm glad I did! That is some red & white gold!

for Mike, one of his personal faves

[​IMG]

Dreadnought and Deuce66 like this.
  25. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

The royalties from Q107 alone probably paid for a few bright shiny sport cars.

Dreadnought and lenny nero like this.