Guess where SMiLE peaks at on Billboard

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RJL2424, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RJL2424

RJL2424 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Now that SMiLE debuted at #13 on Billboard's Top 200 chart, can you guess where its highest position on the charts will be? (There are only 13 possibilities there.)

Please explain your answers.

2. reechie

reechie Senior Member

13. Just an educated guess, second week sales usually drop, it's not on sale for a lower price at Best Buy anymore, and chances are, it'll start to fall on next week's chart.

I'd be quite happy to be wrong, however.

3. strigle

strigle Forum Resident

#13 reflects a lot of advance orders. I think it's downhill from here. Now if there was a hit single ...

4. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Same here.....wish it would go up, but I doubt it. Most people that wanted it, got it.

5. Beatle Terr

Beatle Terr Super Senior SH Forum Member Musician & Guitarist

My guess was peaks at #3 position. I'm giving it sometime for Holiday purchasing from now till the middle of December! Go BRIAN!!! :thumbsup:

6. reechie

reechie Senior Member

Is radio playing this thing at all?

7. Jacob Bailis

Jacob Bailis New Member

I'm listening to it now. Five Stars in Rolling Stone, A+ from Robert Christgau, Four and a half stars in The All Music Guide, A in Entertainment Weekly, Jim DeRogatis doesn't like it. It's a Number 1 album all the way. Buy copies for your family and friends!

8. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

Yeah, 13. I think the fans were really waiting for this and nobody wanted to wait the NEXT week. It'll slide down after.

JEFF!

9. Arthur

Arthur Forum Resident

I'm willing to bet it will hit #1, and collect a few grammy awards too boot.

10. Jacob Bailis

Jacob Bailis New Member

You know it! :)

11. bizmopeen

bizmopeen Senior Member

I think all us fanboys spent our cash the first week, and it will slide down from there. #13's pretty darned impressive, tho. Take that, Mike Love!

12. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

I think that those of us who are fans of Brian Wilson probably RAN to buy the CD during its first week of release, I'm sorry to say. I predict that it will fall down the chart from #13.

13. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

I think #13 is pretty high. How many discs have sold? I can't imagine young people (under 30) buying this CD.

14. Jacob Bailis

Jacob Bailis New Member

I'm under 30. :)

15. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

65,000. And I'm 29 years old!

JEFF!

16. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

Well, XM's Deep Tracks channel has, and I heard "Cabin Essence" on the local college/NPR station yesterday, but I know that's not what you meant.

Have to imagine this is going to fall under the radar of the general public. Never mind young people; even the Boomer nostalgists who normally go for these kinds of releases tend to equate the Beach Boys with "Fun, Fun, Fun" and "California Girls" more than Brian and Smile.

17. reechie

reechie Senior Member

As predicted, SMiLE drops to #27 for its second week on the Billboard Album Chart.

18. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

I should qualify my comment and say I can't imagine anyone under 30 and not a beach boy fan (or music fanatic). :winkgrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.