Guitarists.. favorite stompbox?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Damián, Aug 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanK

DanK Forum Resident

Boss ME-5, bought when it first came out - 1988 or so. I can get just about anything out of it.

2. JFS3

JFS3 Senior Member

Z-Vex Fuzz Factory

James

3. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

Otherwise known as the Tone Destroyer...lol

I bought one of those reissue ones. It is cool in a blatty fuzzy way, but it takes almost all of the low-end out. You get a transistor radio quality tone from it.

4. Univibe, as deployed on Trower's "Day of the Eagle" and "Bridge of Sighs" and of course, on Jimi's "Machine Gun".

I have owned various clones, currently a Fulltone Deja Vibe2, but I have yet to crack the code, so to speak.

Brian

5. wulfman2

wulfman2 New Member

I have a Visual Sound Route 66 that is just about all I need. Compressor and OD side by side with separate gain, tone and level. When matched with my Blues Jr. I can dial in most sounds I need from chicken picken' clean to big fat Clapton-in-Cream OD.

6. jbow

jbow New Member

Hi, new here but i'll weigh in on this one.

I like the DS-1, it's a good all round distortion pedal. I've gotten three of the new Digitech pedals and I like them all. I have the Screaming Blues, the Bad Monkey, and the Hot Head. My fav is the SB, then the BM, lastly the HH.
    I have a J&H pedal that I like too. I really like the Tech21 CompTortion. That pedal is a sleeper, the Comp is really killer. I really don't have any mod effects just overdrives and distortions. I have 15 amps right now and 9, I think, guitars. I'm a Strat player and have three of them. My nicest guitar is a Suhr that my wifey bought for me. It is a 2001LE, a cambered all mahogany tele with P-90s.

Pedals I want now are these:

http://www.pedalgeek.com/cgi-bin/new_shop.cgi?config=&uid=RaTPuQAA1123979130&command=link--cmpt

and most of all this: http://www.tcelectronic.com/VPD1

J aka Julien aka jbow

7. dosjam

dosjam Forum Resident

Tube Driver - the one with four knobs.

8. Bolero

Bolero Senior Member

I've been digging one of these lately:

[​IMG]

it's a reverse-engineered univibe, with a few nifty features: switchable pot values on the side, & a FET preamp with presence & brightness controls

handles Jimi, Trower, Gilmour/Floyd stuff nicely :righton:

9. Dave D

Dave D Done!

I've been thinking of getting one of these Guitar Ports. Turns your PC into a stomp box/amp smorgasbord! Anyone ever use one?

http://www.guitarport.com/

Attached Files:

10. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

I like that Surf & Turf compressor a lot myself. I primarily use mine with my Fender Jazz Bass. Love what it does to the sound. Gives it that nice "mush and gush" tone that James Jamerson got. Although he was actually using a Fairchild or Pultec limiter.

11. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Well, he wasn't using it but let's say it was used on him. :)

12. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

Were they using it on his tracks during mixing rather than on the actual tracking sessions?

13. pjaizz

pjaizz Forum Resident

Love my Morley Volume/overdrive pedal! 25 years with nary a problem.

14. Linus

Linus Senior Member

What I got...

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.