Guns n' Roses Appetite For Destruction 30th Anniversary Remastered

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by LonesomeDayBlues, May 1, 2018.

1. sunking101

sunking101 Forum Resident

But we're all in our 40s and 50s now...

bobbyboy1969 and Dorian75 like this.
  2. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

...rebuying a 30 year old album.

Jam757 and TheLoveDrags like this.
  3. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Of course Gene Simmons $2,000 for a box set. Unreal.

4. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

I'll be playing the rare stuff more than once and Spotify can kiss my @#$%$#@

5. Dreaddazzman

Just an update to this - I sold the turntable. So all said and done I got the Big Box for under $300.

6. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

I would agree, presuming you're talking about a single album being represented by said box set.

If I was able to purchase a copy of the Classic Records Zeppelin 45rpm Clarity Vinyl Road Case tomorrow for $1,000, I'd write the cheque today.

PDK likes this.
  7. PDK

PDK Forum Resident

Music is worth what anyone is willing to pay for it.

8. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

Well played :righton: Do I take it the Locked N Loaded set measures up to expectations, especially given the price?

9. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

This broke ass divorced dad is pleased to be listening to It’s So Easy, Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door and Whole Lotta Rosie from disc two, AKA, Live at the Marquee. Hat tip to the New Jersey Inter-Library Loan System. Damn, the band was hitting on all cylinders.

10. redsock

redsock Writer, reader, grouch.

I'll spend that for Everything Is Broken: The Complete Studio And Concert Recordings Of Bob Dylan.

DeeThomaz likes this.
  11. Dreaddazzman

Yeah, absolutely. Definitely not worth 1K, at least to me, but more than happy to have it for what I paid for it.

coffeetime likes this.
  12. MusicFan57

MusicFan57 Forum Resident

Got the 2 CD set from Target. For me, the best thing on the 2nd CD is Shadow of Your Love. I had never heard it before and think it's awesome. Been watching the Super Deluxe and I do want that, too. Got down to $86 on Amazon in December, but at the exact same time it was stair stepping down, so was the Beatles White Album deluxe box set, down from $130 to $95, so go that instead. Now I'm watching, hoping the GnR box set will drop again at some point. I did also pick up the 2LP vinyl. They did a great job with that, pictures, foil slip case, etc...

Saw that the Locked N Loaded had come down to $600 before Christmas, but I just don't care that much. That's back to $999 on Amazon. I agree, for that much money, Slash and Axl should hand deliver it and have a fist fight in your living room! That was classic!

13. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident

So now that we've had this release around for a minute; are you still enjoying this remaster? Any changed opinions?

14. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I'm still waiting for the SDE to get cheap enough! :D

15. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident

Reference the LPs; I still wish they would've included the 3 Lies tracks & Shadow Of Your Love on side 4. But at least I got those on the 2 CD set from Target.

kannibal likes this.
  16. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

Still love the remaster, likewise the extra material. The 5.1 still impresses. Zero regrets on buying the SDE and I plan on being in on day 1 if UYI gets the SDE treatment.

17. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

I received the set as a b-day gift in December from my brother. Still dig it. I wish all remasters were done this well. The extras were all new to me and I really enjoy them, most of the time unreleased stuff is a one and done for me but I go back those discs quite a bit. The 5.1 is my most played part of the set. I have probably listened to it more than any other album since December. Now bring on the Illusion sets.

18. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

Is it true that the original album tracks are only 16-bit across all three versions on the USB cross that comes with the big box?

19. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

I just paid $75 plus $6 shipping for the super deluxe cd/blu ray set from someone on the forum. I'm really looking forward to the demos and also the 5.1 mix! For that great price it seemed justified.

20. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

yup sadly you noticed the sale right before me

Jam757 likes this.
  21. DML71

DML71 Forum Resident

Just had a quick check on the prices. UK store wants £90 and the US $119. One of the few times were the UK store simply doesn't swap dollar for pounds.

If it drops to £60/70 I might bite the bullet.

22. Wired4Fun

Wired4Fun Forum Resident

At $499 I kind of want this, even though it is still stupid, LOL. Wonder if it will drop even further...

23. Wired4Fun

Wired4Fun Forum Resident

Screw it. I’ve wanted this stupid thing since day 1. It has a “value” to me I can’t quite put into justification terms, even at $499.

That said, if it drops further, it drops further.

I’ll be sad if I miss out. *clicks buy button

24. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

It’s a little bit cheaper on Music Vaultz, plus you can get a hockey jersey or jacket. Use code VAULTZVIP for 15% off and it comes out to less than $499 USD.

Shop | MusicVaultz

Jam757, Runicen, Vinyl_Blues and 3 others like this.
  25. Wired4Fun

Wired4Fun Forum Resident

Thanks!! Just used that code and got the set with the free jacket! I’m going to wear it everywhere and give stink eye to the jocks and preppies LOL

REALLY appreciate the post. Ty!

jhm, coffeetime, Vinyl_Blues and 2 others like this.