Guns n' Roses Appetite For Destruction 30th Anniversary Remastered

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by LonesomeDayBlues, May 1, 2018.

1. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Regarding the re-mastering, I bought the MoFi CD and sold it later. Diament CD and Marino vinyl are just near perfect. While I don't think it'll be a compressed aberration, if there's an album with a distinctive sound I love that's AFD so I seriously doubt I will play the remaster if that sound is altered in any way. We'll see.

2. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Giving the megalomaniac personality of Axl and after reading things like "This s**t is insane. The boxset to shame all other boxsets" allegedly quoted by insiders, my only concern is if we will need to pay $500-700 to get all the goodies.

telepicker97 likes this.
  3. leemelone

leemelone Forum Resident

What do you consider affordable? I have two copies on CD and might be able to hook you up.

joshm2286 likes this.
  4. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

She doesnt remember why. Maybe the picture.

5. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Oh I'm sure it was the lyrics...

6. John Grimes

John Grimes Forum Resident

No just reissue.

7. stonesfcr

stonesfcr Forum Resident

Actually I'd be more interested in new GNR music, to hear the Axl/Slash team creating again after all these years :

-AFD sounds great, hardly could be improved
    -There is so much YT available good quality AFD era shows (the recently leaked ritz show) , some even upgraded to 60fps
    -most b-sides are already leaked/released

I hardly can imagine something really new to be put in a deluxe box, but I would love to be surprised, a "classic albums" style docu with Izzy included, jamming in the studio will be an instant buy, but it's clear that bridge it completely burned

My bet is a deluxe boxset with nothing remarkably new + a new leg of the tour (no Izzy) with complete AFD setlist

joshm2286 likes this.
  8. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Well, it could include the promotional "Welcome To The Jungle" doormat! :uhhuh:

HotHere and stonesfcr like this.
  9. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

"Welcome to the jungle, we've got tea and cake...". :)

10. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

Don't see how the mastering can be improved on cd.

11. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

That’s not really the point of a super deluxe set. It’s the demos and live stuff that is the reason people will buy it.

Oatsdad, steveharris and mick_sh like this.
  12. What about the Marc Cantor archives? Almost none of that circulates and what does is higher generation dubs.

telepicker97 likes this.
  13. kannibal

kannibal Forum Resident

I haven’t read any comments on this, so I’ll be that guy, but i’d love a 2 x LP at 45 RPM of the original LP. I have an early press CD and I’ve held off buying a super clean early DMM LP as that’s a lot of music for one LP. I’d much rather spend $40-$50 on a new, well pressed, well mastered 2 x LP than $70+ on some eBay guys version of NM-

I’d love a B-sides disc as well, as I’ve never owned any of the rarities, and only heard maybe one or two.

dobyblue likes this.
  14. Maurice

Maurice Senior Member

Yeah, that's my worry too. The Metallica super-deluxe boxes were cool but too rich for my blood.

15. noname74

Most super deluxe sets have a budget minded 2 cd version....Master actually had a 3 disc one.

16. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

Hear, hear!

17. For the Record

For the Record Forum Resident

AFD is finally entering the LOUDNESS WARS, is it?

I surely hope not

johnnybrum likes this.
  18. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I have no appetite for the destruction of my eardrums. :(

Dynamic Ranger likes this.
  19. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

Well, those Metallica and Zeppelin boxes are an expensive SERIES of box sets. This, most likely, is a one-off. I am willing to go up to $250, depending on the contents. I just hope that, unlike Metallica, everything on vinyl has a digital counterpart. I do not mind paying for vinyl that I will rarely play, but I want everything on vinyl to be on CD or lossless download. A foray into HI REZ would be welcome too.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  20. Cornfed Hick

Cornfed Hick Forum Resident

He paid a lot more for it...
    :hide:
    Count me among those who are perfectly happy sticking with the CD I bought myself for Christmas in 1987. Other material would be interesting, though, including good-sounding live shows.

21. noname74

All of the Metallica live shows on LP and not on CD are available for download for free with the box...granted they are mp3 but I seriously doubt anyone could tell the difference between mp3 and lossless on those rough sounding bootleg recordings.

Matthew Tate and joshm2286 like this.
  22. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

There’s no evidence (yet) that this will be victimized by loudness. I remain cautiously optimistic.

23. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

Not sure we'll see the original line up playing more than one or two shows, but the reissue could be rather splendid!!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. HankM

HankM Senior Member

I’m in on this one day one! Like someone said earlier, if it could be like Metallica’s Master Of Puppets box that would be killer

joshm2286 likes this.
  25. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Will be bigger than Master of Puppets and bigger than Achtung Baby Uber Deluxe. I can imagine Axl asking his team to make the bigger box set ever produced for a single album.

HankM and joshm2286 like this.