Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits new vinyl release

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Droogmeister, Jul 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Droogmeister

Droogmeister Welcome to the Atrocity Exhibition Thread Starter

For those interested, Guns N' Roses will release their greatest hits on double vinyl on 25th September (UK), available on gold splatter vinyl and picture disc. A white vinyl bootleg of unknown origin with poster has been available on Ebay recently which I've avoided, I've ordered both splatter and picture disc versions..just because I can.. :wiggle:

2. For the Record

For the Record Forum Resident

The track listing included Shadow of Your Love, which is nice!

[​IMG]
    I never bought the single, so I'll be getting it mainly for that!

3. For the Record

Splatter vinyl:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Picture discs:
    [​IMG]

Droogmeister likes this.
  4. I have received the splatter version from Amazon.de today. Pressing is centered and flat, and no damages. There is a bit of noise in some places (quieter passages) towards the end of some of the album sides. Anyone else noticed that, for example during "Live and Let Die"? Perhaps it has to do with the splatter color, I am not sure.

Otherwise it plays nicely.

5. JPagan

JPagan Generation 13

Looking at the track listing made me realize something – for a band whose originals are so strong, that’s a heck of a lot of covers.

agundy likes this.
  6. surforia

surforia Forum Resident

Anyone pick this up? Haven’t seen any reviews about the actual sound quality.

7. johnwilliamhunte

johnwilliamhunte In the land of Gods and Monsters

Not for the price it's going for in Australia.

8. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

It’s a shame they didn’t add Better to this as well. Will probably get the vinyl at some point

9. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Roland, spot any mastering credits? Also, mind posting the dead wax info?

10. Very difficult to read with the colored vinyl, and my limited eyesight.

11. Lacquer cut by Jeff Powell

12. I have the following vinyl versions to compare, regarding "Don't Cry (Original)":

Use Your Illusion I (re-release)
    Use Your Illusion I (re-release STERLING)
    NEW Greatest Hits vinyl

I like the STERLING cut better for the re-release of Use Your Illusion.

I think I slightly prefer the new Greatest Hits over the STERLING.

So, not bad, I would say.

13. "Civil War" I also like a bit better on the new Greatest Hits compared to the STERLING re-release.

14. For the Record

The selection of songs was not hand picked by GN'R but rather a suit and tie at Geffen.

Guns N Roses Greatest Hits isn't as much of a "hits" album as it is a collection of singles. EVERY single song on the album was released as a single. (Civil War was released as a single in the UK)

It's So Easy, Brownstone, Nightrain and Estranged are the only singles missing off the collection. Estranged was probably omitted due to length. The rest of the Appetite singles were probably left
    off as to not hinder sales of future Appetite for Destruction releases or sales. (This original track listing is from early 2000's)

Not even the BIGGEST GN'R fan can say Ain't It Fun deserves to be on this album over Nightrain or It's So Easy. Chances are, if the members of GN'R were actually INVLOVED with the selection of
    songs, the Spaghetti's tracks along with Sympathy for the Devil would have been replaced with Nightrain, it's So Easy and probably Brownstone. (Again, Estranged would be too long to fit on the original
    2004 CD) But again, this just confirms, it's a collection of singles rather than a collection of hits.

"Welcome to the Singles" might have been a more fitting title.

MitchLT likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.