Haaaaaaaaaaa,What In Your Personal Opinion Is The Worst Movie-Ever?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Luvtemps, Mar 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Nah - "First Blood" is really pretty good. All the sequels are awful, though...

2. Oatsdad

I hated "O12" the first time I saw it but appreciate it much more when I watched again.

Just took me a while to get out of the expectation that it'd be similar to the first movie - kinda like when I saw "Back to the Future Part II" in 1989 and hated it because it was so different than the first movie...

3. Phil12

Phil12 Radiant Radish

I could not agree more:

somnar likes this.
  4. TheVU

TheVU Forum Resident

Honestly, there was a funny movie there. They just had it in the wrong “wrapper”. It was a good cast, many jokes were funny, then they had to put this Ghostbusters costume over it.
    They should have made a movie “like Ghostbusters” but with a different plot, then they would have had a hit.

5. Oatsdad

I'm fine with it as a continuation of the "GB" franchise and think "GB16" hit most of its problems due to "outrage" over it being a reboot with women.

If it'd been "like Ghostbusters", then they would've been accused of ripping off the franchise.

:shrug:

wayneklein likes this.
  6. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

So, not as good as the giant snake in Conan?

Veni Vidi Vici likes this.
  7. unclefred

It was just bad writing and overdone. I think Tarantino was trying to recreate scenes from other films that worked. He failed. I turned it off after awhile.

LeBon Bush likes this.
  8. LeBon Bush

LeBon Bush Hound of Love

Possibly. I have last watched it as an - admittably impressionable - teen, so I'd need to revisit it one day.

unclefred likes this.
  9. unclefred

It might not seem so bad to someone who hadn't seen Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction first.

LeBon Bush likes this.
  10. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

Although I've seen plenty of awful movies either intentionally or not, one that sticks out for me was the early 80's Ackroyd/Belushi "comedy" Neighbors. This movie failed on every front, from the gimmick of casting the two leads against type, the terrible direction to the completely inappropriate, tone deaf music score. Add to that, John Belushi was clearly in bad shape due to his out of control drug abuse and it's barely disguised in some many scenes. I remember seeing this opening weekend just before Christmas 1981 and when the movie ended, the entire packed theater was booing, probably the most memorably negative reaction to a movie I have ever seen. People exiting were actually telling people in line for the next showing "don't waste your money, it sucks!."

11. LeBon Bush

LeBon Bush Hound of Love

Hmm, let me think. I'm sure I've seen Pulp Fiction first, as that was the first "cinephile" DVD I bought out of curiosity when I was 13. Not sure if I had seen Reservoir Dogs before Death Proof, but it's quite possible. Eventually, I got the Tarantino XX box set for one of my birthdays and that was when I got to see Death Proof, I'd say I was 16 then.

Anyway, you're probably right, I guess DP could be more of a solid introduction to QT than anything else. I remember loving Jackie Brown and RD the most out of that box set (and True Romance, even though he of course didn't direct that one).

unclefred likes this.
  12. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

For me it is a tie between (remember folks, this is MY opinion)

Bridget Jones Diary

and that awful movie nominated for an Oscar a few years ago

Marriage Story - a self absorbed exercise is pure ****e.

13. In 1951 the stabling carrot didn’t inspire laughter when I saw in a revival house and I kind of,doubt that was the case in 1951. Context.

14. Phil12

Phil12 Radiant Radish

15. The macerator

The macerator Draining the pool.

I haven't looked through the whole thread, but I vote for Zardoz. Sean Connery in red underpants directed by John Boorman - dreadful

powerq likes this.
  16. Paul Gase

Paul Gase Everything is cheaper than it looks.

There is a movie making the rounds on streaming services right now called Grizzly II: Revenge.

It is really and truly stupendously bad and I heartily recommend to anyone looking for a 1983 Jaws knockoff supposedly set in a US National Park, but actually filmed in Cold War era Hungary, yet interspersed with modern footage and some of the most mindblowingly bad eastern European New Wave bands performing at an actual festival back in 1983. It really is that bad and I got my whole family to watch and they all said it was worth it. So - check it out!!

(Note: don't let the opening sequence featuring teenaged George Clooney, Laura Dern and Charlie Sheen throw you. That's it for them and the rest of the movie is the meat especially the final 45 minutes.)

17. Django

Django Forum Resident

One of the worst....Mrs. Brown's boys d'movie. If you think the TV show is bad.
    Piss poor. Not that I was expecting much.

Rufus McDufus and Darrin L. like this.
  18. PianoMangler

PianoMangler Forum Resident

One of the worst: Dana Carvey's "Master Of Disguise"

19. Deadwax Jones

Deadwax Jones Forum Resident

I discount any movie I saw as a teen because teen tastes are dumb, so that rules out being dragged to “Cyborg”, the worst movie I’ve seen in a theater.

So I’ll roll with “What Planet Are You From”, which I caught in a hotel once. Dreadful.

20. cdcollector87

cdcollector87 Forum Resident

I couldn't make it through Biodome with Pauley Shore.

Lownote30 likes this.
  21. freddog

freddog Forum Resident

If you are not counting the obvious zero-budget films, I can think of taking my kids to see the first live-action Flintstones movie and thinking it was the most empty, joyless movie ever.

22. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

I thought that they should do a sequel and call it The Day After Yesterday. :)

Phil12 and artfromtex like this.
  23. Big Jimbo

Big Jimbo Forum Resident

Robert Altman film “Popeye”

The 1976 version “King Kong” managed to be so lifeless when the 1934 version crackled with energy.

Sylvester Stallone’s “Driven” or as it is known to racing fans “Drivel”. When he pitched it as an F1 film, Bernie Ecclestone wisely said no so it ended up in CART....and probably helped end CART as well. Sole good point: cameo by Mario Andretti.

24. Shoes1916

Shoes1916 Forum Resident

I cannot disagree...

25. Jackson

Jackson Senior Member

For ME these would all qualify.

Van Helsing
    Big Fish
    American Beauty
    The Hotel New Hampshire
    Wanted ''Angelina Jolie''
    Bucket List