Haaaaaaaaaaa,What In Your Personal Opinion Is The Worst Movie-Ever?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Luvtemps, Mar 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pig bodine

pig bodine God’s Consolation Prize

The Waterboy

Tommy Jay likes this.
  2. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

3. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

This may not be a popular choice but that 3rd Hobbit movie, The Long Day's Journey Into the Desolation of the Dragon Deal or whatever its called. I had high hopes for it and it turned out to be a poor video game...that I couldn't even participate in!

Ginger Ale likes this.
  4. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

What disjointed, idiotic mess.

5. altaeria

altaeria Forum Resident

I disqualify any movie that got the Mystery Science Theater 3000 treatment... because now that is the official go-to version for me :)

Chrome_Head, Tommy Jay and Ginger Ale like this.
  6. Jerrika

Jerrika Mysterious Ways

Lost in Translation. I did not see the point to it. The plot was so weak. It begins with a shot of Scarlett Johansson's bum. You would almost think it was directed by a man.
    The way that Sofia Coppola made fun of the Japanese and their accents was so racist. The only good thing about that movie was the soundtrack.
    How on earth did that stupid film even win an Oscar? Oops. Sorry, I forgot. Industry politics and social connections of the Coppolas.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  7. PHILLYQ

PHILLYQ Forum Resident

Still don't know what movie you're posting about...

8. PHILLYQ

PHILLYQ Forum Resident

Oddly enough, there are folks who think Scarface is a classic(I'm not one of them)! As a comedy it might work with a few tweaks...or not.

geo50000 likes this.
  9. Which is ironic because Herbert loved Lynch’s script or at least one of them.

10. It’s so far over the top ( the Pacino version) I thought it was a parody of a gangster film the first time I saw it.

GMfan87', Simon A, vegafleet and 2 others like this.
  11. Blame It On Rio.
    Michael Caine takes a pay check, plays a character who has an affair with his best friend’s underage daughter. Stanley Donen directed. A far cry from Sining in the Rain.

‘then there’s his other bad movie

Saturn 3.

really bad. Not even so bad it’s good bad.

Simon A and caracallac like this.
  12. PHILLYQ

PHILLYQ Forum Resident

I saw an interview with Michael Caine where he spoke about doing 'Blame it on Rio'. He said he took it because they would be filming in Brazil in what would be winter months in England!

13. slovell

slovell Retired Mudshark

From what I understand, they cut huge chunks from the script to shorten the running time. This also explains why the movie is so disjointed and confusingly hard to follow. If my memory serves, they pretty much cut out and jumped the entire middle third of the book. Just an incredibly stupid thing to do as it's a very intricate plot.

MothMonsterMan likes this.
  14. Yes Lynch had the film taken away from him despite the promise of the final cut. It’s also one of the reasons why he refused to participate with a director’s cut.

slovell likes this.
  15. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

I wont say its the worst ever but it stinks like a sealed tuna sandwich.

kanakaris, parman and kevinsponge like this.
  16. slovell

slovell Retired Mudshark

Dune can't be done as a 2.5 hour theater movie there's just too much to learn and too much going on to digest in that time frame. It needs to be done in a high budget three part mini series. SyFy did a decent job years ago with their attempt but they still just didn't have enough budget to do it justice. When you're creating worlds, religions, races of super humans, literally a new believable universe, a two or three hour movie ain't gonna do the trick.

Dave Mac, parman and MothMonsterMan like this.
  17. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

I always like something on these lists. :D Sometimes, several things. The worst recent-ish big budget movie I can think of is Star Wars - Episode 1: The Phantom Menace, which is a real piece of crap. Low budget: there are many, but I enjoy some of them. Plan 9 From Outer Space, for instance, I enjoy as is. Sometimes even Riffs or Mystery Scinces can’t revive a dud. So, just to say something, let’s go with Beast of Yucca Flats. :D

caracallac, JakeM and Ginger Ale like this.
  18. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

The worst ever movie would be one I turned off after a couple minutes and did not look back or remember the name of it.

A good bad movie, like the one with a gorilla suit with a diver's helmet on it, is something else. And then there was Eraserhead... half the fun of that one was the expressions on the faces of others seeing it for the first time and guessing how many besides me would make it to the end. :agree:

beat_truck, Ginger Ale and Pinknik like this.
  19. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Robot Monster. :D

Dave Mac, geo50000 and beccabear67 like this.
  20. Rob P S

Rob P S Senior Member

21. MothMonsterMan

MothMonsterMan I am a moth who just wants to eat your flag

The Hobbit movies should have just been one great movie.

22. finslaw

finslaw muzak to my ears

Problem with the movies mentioned in these threads are:

1) Big budget movies that at least have production and some acting chops in order to present itself as NOT the worst.
    2) An ambitious film with little resources that failed to fulfill its scope but remains somewhat admirable.
    3) A film that is actually entertaining and/or hilarious, even if unintentionally so, therefore not all that boring.

So I present, the worst film ever: Combat Killers (1968)

23. Record Fan

Record Fan Forum Resident

My if thinks ‘Eddie Macon’s Run’ is the worst movie ever. However, I kinda like it.

24. Pootie Tang is a contender.

Ghostworld likes this.
  25. MothMonsterMan

MothMonsterMan I am a moth who just wants to eat your flag

I love this movie and I don't see how you can review it without mentioning Bill Murray. I don't know for certain, but it had to have been written specifically for him. The film would not have worked with any other actor.

AndrewS, JohnBeas and Pinknik like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.