Hacked? No, not the SH Forums. BUT: Compromised Staff Account!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SHTV Staff, Nov 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul_s

Paul_s Forum Resident

Reminds me of this video :help:

What is Your Password? - YouTube

2. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Yeah me, too. Looks like everyone got it. Thought it was a profile post because it's not linked to a thread, but was only available on the alert page. Weird thing...

3. HorseyAnn

HorseyAnn Equine-loving, rhyme-artist

I got that too. Thank you very much for all the hard work getting everyone & everything back up & running again. I really appreciate all your hard work.

4. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

Great job guys!

HorseyAnn likes this.
  5. Blastproof

Blastproof Senior Member

Thanks to all of you for helping me resolve my issue. It was certainly an adventure, and I certainly learned from it. I am now using 2-step verification wherever possible, and I do not leave myself signed in anyplace anymore. I learned how much I rely on this forum, and I missed it! Glad to be back. Thanks again, everyone!

HorseyAnn likes this.
  6. Benjamin Edge

Benjamin Edge Forum Resident

I didn't know this happened here... I changed my password now for safety's sake.

~Ben

7. Heckto35

Heckto35 Forum Resident

I just messaged Steve asking did he message me lol. Thanks for clarification.

8. Heckto35

Heckto35 Forum Resident

Yep, that was it lmbo. I'm thinking "what the h*ll is this??"

HorseyAnn likes this.
  9. Raf

Raf Senior Member

I got an alert that said "hahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahaha no 2fa be going crazy here" a few days ago. Did anyone else get it? Haven't seen anything at all about it on the forum.

Anthrax likes this.
  10. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

I don't know what you're talking about.

11. visolo

visolo Well-Known Member

Everybody got it I think.

HorseyAnn likes this.
  12. xaml

xaml Well-Known Member

I passed this consideration briefly but concluded that being in a humorous mood without a damaging intoxication, and probably not having picked the intended recipient, even though I am most always up for some good fun, would seem like a more likely explanation. That said, the abbrevations which were used, including the lack of capitalisation and punctuation, in case that this was no attempt to mislead, would not really seem that authentic anyway. This may hint at but is meant regardless respectively beyond the aspect of age numbers. In summary, as well as to commemorate... dirty deeds and the done dirt cheap!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    Heckto35 likes this.
  13. zongo

zongo Forum Resident

OK, so I know this may be idiotic to ask after 13 pages of comments, but do we have to change our passwords for Hoffman site or not? Mine is a unique passwrd that is not the same as my email or anything else. It seems to be working fine at the Hoffman site still. I read a couple of the comments that seemed to suggest that it would be very difficult for the hacker to have even gotten everybodys' emails or passwords from the site anyway. So what is the actual final advice? Change password or don't worry about it? Thanks!

14. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

No need.

Sean likes this.
  15. zongo

zongo Forum Resident

Hi Steve - I think this is in answer to my post just above - thank you for the answer!

16. ARK

ARK Forum Miscreant

Can I ask a practical question at this point?

Are we gonna do Stonehenge tomorrow night?

17. Electric Bozo

Electric Bozo Holy Synthesist

Just now discovering this nonsense. Changed my PW anyway as it was old as the hills (however long I've been here - well over 10 years, I think).
    Edit: 14 years! I just noticed I have an anniversary award! LOL

18. MAYBEIMAMAZED

MAYBEIMAMAZED Don't think Twice it's alright

So it appears someone tried to log into my account I just received notice good thing I have the two steps so I had to change my password…Hmmm ridiculous so you want to post as MAYBEIMAMAZED? LOL Watch out for any crazy post it couldn’t be me…:laugh::winkgrin: some crazy person with nothing else to do.:wiggle:

Sean and danielbravo like this.
  19. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

People are obviously getting bored during lockdown. Hacking SH forum accounts ...:doh:. What are you going to do...maliciously change someone’s system information? Or write a bogus review for a one step?

Rad Dudeski likes this.
  20. HorseyAnn

It looks like it. I wish I had a chance to get bored during lockdown. The list of tasks my Manager sent me to do during the 1st lockdown were that time-consuming I'm still doing the last 3 & she's added to them since, 2 short ones & a long 1. She told me that she expects the job I'm on now to take years. I thought I'd finished it but I keep finding more to put in it. (Research & report-writing task.) The only way I'm bored is I'm bored of doing this 1 task though it's 1 I find fascinating. I want to go onto the next task. I come on here for a break.

richbdd01 likes this.
  21. HorseyAnn

I'm very sorry to hear that. Lol.

22. Chest Pains Productions

Chest Pains Productions Forum Resident

A hack? Too bad they didn’t block the keyword Beatles.

23. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

Keeping an eye on the amount of active and new Beatles (related) threads.

24. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Attempting to do that would be the first time in history that a hacker DDoS'd themself.:laugh:

25. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

We do have another forum member whose user name is "Maybe Im AMAzed1970", so maybe it was an honest mistake. :)

MAYBEIMAMAZED and HorseyAnn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.