Half.com observation

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by btomarra, Apr 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. btomarra

btomarra Classic Rock Audiophile Thread Starter

I had used Half.com only to find those OP DCC or Mofi gold CDs. Half.com used to employ the 1 to 5 grade scale. They recently decided to unify it like ebay.com (just positive, negative, and neutral).

I find it interesting that at the same time this change occurred the shipping as gotten absymal. I never had to wait more than 5 days to receive an order. On one CD I'm waiting 12 and counting!

I maybe way off base here but the feedback change took much of the incentive out of sellers to please buyers.

Example: I sell 10 Cds. On nine transactions I get a 5.0. On one I get a 1.0. My average is 4.6. I generally don't buy CDs from anyone that has an average less than a 4.9. By using the ebay grading scale (and pooling all their transactions from their ebay account) they may have one negative and a bunch of positives, which looks more impressive.

Sorry for going long here. I just don't like the way Half.com sellers have been treating me lately. I wish I knew what to do about this!

Thank goodness for this website!!!

Brian

:(

2. Andy

Andy New Member

Hire a PI to get a couple of "bent noses" to show up at the sellers door to "educate" him on the virtues of prompt service.

3. btomarra

Great idea Andy!

I just worry that the Cds are sitting in their homes and they claim they sent them! I'll breathe a little easier when I see them in my mailbox! If I see them!

Brian

:)

4. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

I look at half.com this way: Sometimes its easier to get rare discs and pay less. recently, I got real nice mint copies of two DCC titles I've been looking for: HW-61, and LA WOMAN, at $49. and $17 respectively. So what if they took a while to be delivered. When they arrived, they were in better than advertised condition.WORTH THE WAIT!!!!!:D

P.S. HW-61 going for waaay more
    than that!!!!!!!!!

5. btomarra

Ron,

I see your point, but when one seller promises a free 1st class shipping and insurance and it is going on 10 days, I get a little nervous. Prior to the feed back changes all CDs were mailed with free priority mail (three day shipping). That's what I find disappointing.

Brian

6. Claviusb

Claviusb A Serious Man

But consider this Brian...

I paid for Priority Mail sahipping on a CD not too long ago and the disc came 12 days later with $1.25 in postage on it. I scanned the package before I opened it and sent a request for the difference through the channels of Half. The seller never responded. I sent an e-mail to Half customer service and they said they also sent a note and the guy had a few more days to reply. He never responded to them either, so Half refunded the entire amount of my purchase back to me. I was very surprised, but I think it will keep sellers honest if they continue to do that. I also find myself looking through the selection at Half more than I did.

7. btomarra

ClaviusB

I am considering it...and thank you! It does make me breathe a little easier. I do have some recourse!

Thanks all for your insights on this!

Brian

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.