Happy with your amplifier?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Airbus, Oct 12, 2020.

1. aunitedlemon

aunitedlemon Unity is in the pith.

The Yamaha A-S3200 makes this listener very happy.
    [​IMG]

2. FuzzyNightmares

FuzzyNightmares Forum Resident

Welp. JK. Wife got tired of me talking about ‘pretty lights’ go the baby and conceded. Hello Triode Lab 2a3 Evo integrated :goodie:I think (and hope) I’m HAPPY!!!

I’m just afraid for the shiny thing she asks for in return haha

Earthbound2, djost, Art K and 3 others like this.
  3. Tone?

Tone? Forum Resident

Ecstatic

timind and guestuser like this.
  4. Francois1968

Francois1968 Forum Resident

Yes very much. Have been playing with great Arcam amps before (A32 & P35) and switched to the Rega Aethos recently. Auditioned the latter just for fun, but was blown away immediately. They manage to get the best out of my Clear cable arabesque mini's, that says it all I guess.

timind likes this.
  5. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

Bought my new one only a few weeks ago and so far I'm very happy.

Atoll IN 300

[​IMG]

arcamsono, Art K, Djohm and 4 others like this.
  6. Djohm

Djohm Forum Resident

Doge 10 MKii - B. It pairs well with my speakers and the room. I had planned on getting a higher-end SS integrated, but the current setup works great. So, yeah I'm happy with it.

[​IMG]

7. Snargfarg

Snargfarg Forum Resident

So far extremely happy. Vincent SV 237mk. It's the punchiest amp I've ever owned. It really grips the drivers on my Kef R3's I changed the 12AX7 tube out recently to a Mullard and I was amazed at the improvement it made.

[​IMG]

8. georgebz1

georgebz1 Remember 1939. Stop Putin Now.

That's what I've got too. I'm not sure it's a great match for Cornwall IV's. The combination is a bit too revealing of harsh peaks in some recordings? I'd give something else a try but with no stores near me I have no way of hearing anything else unless I go the route of ebay and boxes and shipping amps back until I find one I like.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
    Morbius likes this.
  9. BKphoto

BKphoto JazzAllDay

Quite happy….

[​IMG]
    Been tube rolling since this pic was taken…

10. Morbius

Morbius Forum Resident

I used mine with KEF R3s and their performance stands. It's an excellent sounding speaker for the money and very well made, I had the satin walnut. Truthfully the MA5300 is quite a bit on the revealing side which I'm sure is true of the Cornwall IVs, maybe to much of a good thing.

11. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

Very. Atma-spheres are a match made in heaven with the ESL57. When I was blind buying an amp for the Harbeths, I was tempted to give class D a try but inteasd defaulted to Ayre as I've known their products in the past and this is still a Charles Hansen design. Unsurprisingly I was quite pleased with it. The Harbeths/Ayre will eventually be sold off to move to Kii BXT/D&D. I would like to replace the Atma-spheres with something that puts out less heat, especially if we move to TX/FL but I'm dreading exploring other options. I had Benchmark AHB2 for several weeks but they couldn't replace them.

timind and jonwoody like this.
  12. rockin_since_58

rockin_since_58 Forum Resident

I am also a very happy SV237 MK owner.

13. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

Most excellent!!! Dinosaur Jr in the pic and you get bonus points.

14. Andy Saunders

Andy Saunders Always a pleasure never a chore

Me too.:)

15. jek57

jek57 Forum Resident

Mc152 McIntosh along with Mx113 preamp tuner and Revels Concerta2 F36 always loved their equipment worked at McIntosh in the 70s but was never able to afford it till retirement last amp.i will buy

jonwoody and Morbius like this.
  16. georgebz1

georgebz1 Remember 1939. Stop Putin Now.

I think that's exactly the problem. I'll have replace one or the other. I lean toward keeping the Cornwalls but who knows? Zero Fidelity said the Luxman L 550 AX II was a beautiful match for his Cornwalls but who knows? Different ears, different rooms, different tastes.

17. Morbius

Morbius Forum Resident

I agree the MA5300 is a very fine amplifier with the right speaker but 100 watts per channel is just a bit outrageous for a Cornwall. I bet the tiny tubed Luxman NS-150 at about 10 watts per channel would be incredible and it's well featured too.

18. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Pretty dang happy
    Willsenton R8

Earthbound2, timind and jonwoody like this.
  19. Oddiofyl

Oddiofyl Forum Resident

So many great amps in this thread... I have heard that little Luxman with Cornwall and Forte and it sounds amazing. That is a nice sounding amp. I was actually with a buddy who has never been in a real audio store ( Audio Visual Therapy in NH) and he was amazed at the sound coming out of them , as was I

Tim 2 likes this.
  20. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

Super Happy with a 1987 Sansui AU-X901 Vintage International amp (130w RMS) in excellent condition. Sansui's first Alpha. A rare amp to find if desired.

'Source Direct', Loudness, MM-MC, and everything else.

Love it!

:edthumbs:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
    Earthbound2 likes this.
  21. goldwax

goldwax Rega | Cambridge | Denafrips | Luxman | Dynaudio

Yes: Bel Canto eVo2i Gen 2. Plenty of power, sounds great.

timind likes this.
  22. chipcalzada

chipcalzada Forum Resident

Very happy with my Qualiton X200 Integrated Amplifier.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jenkovix, Manimal, siebrand and 9 others like this.
  23. Doc Diego

Doc Diego Forum Resident

Home theater- RMB-1075 satisfying for 5 and 2 channel.
    Bedroom- Onix SP3 very satisfied with a pair of JBL’s.
    Gym- VTV Hypex NCore NC252mp beautiful with a passive preamp.

Almost twenty years with the Rotel and when it dies I think a VTV Hypex multichannel will
    replace it.

timind likes this.
  24. FuzzyNightmares

FuzzyNightmares Forum Resident

“Only one thing in the world could've dragged me away from the soft glow of electric sex gleaming in the window."
    [​IMG]

25. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

I'm changing both systems amps this year. The Pit system is going from an Atoll integrated to a Bryston power/pre setup. I received the B26 cubed preamp and am patiently ( well not really ) waiting for a 3B cubed power amp.
    I'll work on the house system once this is done, changing speakers in both systems too.