Harry Anderson (Night Court star), R.I.P.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Vahan, Apr 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Steve Martin:

Steve Martin on Twitter

Neil Patrick Harris

Neil Patrick Harris on Twitter

Stunned by the passing of Harry Anderson, one of my comedy and magic inspirations growing up. We became friendly over the years - he worked at the @MagicCastle_AMA and recently sold me a handful of great magic memorabilia. My sincere condolences to his family. #RIP

David Copperfield

David Copperfield on Twitter

The world lost a truly gifted actor and magician - Harry Anderson.

Popular for his role on Night Court, Harry also inspired generations of magicians with his unique style. #HarryAnderson

NBC:

NBC on Twitter

Gilbert Gottfried

Gilbert Gottfried on Twitter

Judd Apatow

Judd Apatow on Twitter

Chris Hardwick

ʞɔiwbɿɒH ꙅiɿʜƆ on Twitter

2. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

He was great as Richie Tozer in the TV Movie adaptation of Stephen King's "IT".

3. MikaelaArsenault

4. MikaelaArsenault

My mom was a fan of Night Court (she even remembers watching it when the show originally aired), so I'm sure she'll be saddened by the news.

905 likes this.
  5. MikaelaArsenault

What was that video you posted?

6. AKA

AKA Senior Member

Marsha Warfield

7. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

I first saw him on one of his early SNL appearances before he hit it big, I became an instant fan. He was just so cool. Retro but edgy, smart, modern and endlessly entertaining. Then he got "Night Court" and I watched it regularly for much of its run. It was an essential piece of that golden age of 80s television.

The news of his passing made me very sad yesterday. 65 is too young, but since he basically retired from public performing he'll always be that wicked smart and baby faced wise a** I couldn't get enough of in my youth.

dan c

8. MikaelaArsenault

When I tried to tell my mom about the news, she already knew.

9. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Very sad.........

10. MikaelaArsenault

It is. I cried twice today too because of him.

905 and Comet01 like this.
  11. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

Thanks for posting that. Two brilliant minds of comedy right there.

dan c

AKA and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  12. Jason Pumphrey

Jason Pumphrey Forum Resident

Night Court was a cool show, as was Dave's World, RIP.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  13. MikaelaArsenault

I'll keep everyone updated if there will be something on TV related to him.

14. Jason Pumphrey

Jason Pumphrey Forum Resident

Forgot about about this one:

15. MikaelaArsenault

That’s something I’ve always wanted to see!

16. MikaelaArsenault

His death is no longer Trending Now on MSN.

17. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Oddly enough, because of your avatars through the years...I thought of you when I heard this. Sorry

OldSoul, 905, AKA and 1 other person like this.
  18. MikaelaArsenault

I didn’t find out until this morning actually, but thank you.

And no need to say sorry at all.

19. MikaelaArsenault

20. AKA

AKA Senior Member

@markiepost1 on Instagram: “Memories of Harry: I was almost three months pregnant and was at rehearsal for NightCourt when I knew something was wrong with me. I could…”

Pinknik, Strat-Mangler, Dan C and 2 others like this.
  21. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Yes, please or just a link to the article, unless you already posted that link and I missed it skimming thru this thread.

22. Moshe

Moshe "Silent in four languages."

Rest in peace Harry Anderson.

23. TheSeldomSeenKid

I just found out about the sad passing of Harry Anderson by seeing this thread. Did it make any National News on NBC, ABC, CBS or CNN? My thoughts go out to his Family and Friends. Just a reminder that no matter one's age, 'Tomorrow is promised to No One'. Carpe Diem.

24. TheSeldomSeenKid

I knew from your past posts(No Markie pun intended) on Night Court and Harry Anderson in a prior other Night Court thread, that this would be sad news for you, so understand your Tears of an Actor, who you admired his Acting Work.

Trying to think if the deaths of any Actors would affect me to letting out a few tears, like the deaths of a few Musicians have recently. Music and the Musicians, who create it just reaches me on a more emotional level, than Actors and the Charactors they play.

I do not shed a tear often, as just not part of my emotionally detached makeup(I guess one of my flaws), but got to admit when David Bowie passed away, with the massive Coverage which started in the middle of the night on CNN, I shed a few tears that night watching that CNN Coverage and past performances and interviews and reactions from fans and during a few days of coverage on his career. Same happened when Prince passed away, during the massive coverage again on CNN(disappointed at the time of lack of instant coverage of the shocking deaths of Bowie & Prince on Music TV Channels like AXS TV and MTVLive-might have been still Palladia at that time).

The only other time I can recall shedding a tear was on a few cross country drives from Coast to Coast when crossing the Mississippi River just next to Memphis and looking North towards the Wolf River offshoot channel of the Mississippi River, where Musician, Jeff Buckley had drowned taking that fateful swim on a Hot May Day in 1997. What a major loss of talent at such a young age. Great albums released that Summer by Radiohead & Spiritualized helped with emotional release(ironically, Radiohead a few years earlier saw Jeff Buckley in concert in their home town of Oxford-IIRC, and it inspired them to go to the studio that same night and write the song, 'Fake Plastic Trees' or High and Dry', think it was FPT though, as been a few years, since reading that story. Being an Avid Doors Fan, I probably would have shed a tear when Jim Morrison passed away, if I was a Teen or older at that time.

Now that I think of it, I shed a tear when James Gandolfini passed away, as his role as Tony Soprano really stuck with me, despite a few flaws on The Sopranos, with a few boring episodes. What the 'ell is happening to me, as now that is 4 times shedding a few tears that I recall, and 3 of those times were in the past 2-5 years. As Tony Soprano would say, "It is what it is."
    Well, if it was the Carcrashians, I would cry Tears of Joy.

Anyways, RIP Harry Anderson. He seemed to get a lot of life out of those 65 Years and by accounts on here by a few people, was known as a Friendly Person.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  25. TheSeldomSeenKid

Good NY Times Article on Harry Anderson's Career and his move from New Orleans to Asheville, NC after Katrina, as he gave up trying to keep his Nightclub, Oswald’s Speakeasy, where he performed, as well as a magic and curiosity shop, Sideshow operating with financial problems in the NOLA Area after Katrina and his not agreeing to how the city planned to rebuild.

Harry Anderson, 65, ‘Night Court’ Actor Who Bottled Magic Onscreen and Off, Dies

Dan C and MikaelaArsenault like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.