Has Amazon stopped allowing the 30second sampling of digital music?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by TimM, Jul 26, 2020.

1. CCrider92

CCrider92 Senior Member

I concur! I can buy elsewhere with free shipping, no sales tax, and very comparable prices. Have not bought "outright" from Amazon in a long time > on rare occasion I'll buy from one of their sellers. I did spend a lot of money there back in the day before prime, etc.

TimM likes this.
  2. TimM

TimM Senior Member Thread Starter

Who are your favorite sellers? Outside of used discs on ebay I haven't bought from many other places.

CCrider92 likes this.
  3. CCrider92

CCrider92 Senior Member

I buy used CD's from Bull Moose - little in used lp's at Bull Moose but I do buy new vinyl from them; used vinyl from ebay, discogs. I've yet to have an unresolved issue when buying used records online - I've rarely had a problem for that matter > in nearly all cases the vinyl that arrived was better than the seller advertised.

TimM likes this.
  4. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I prefer to buy records and cds from other places. Amazon is a crap shoot, as descriptions can be completely wrong. Ebay or discogs is better for used media.

5. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

Yeah they suck. I didn't want the Japan Gary Numan-Savage with OBI and sticker for the price of the domestic :sigh: :D

TimM and Ham Sandwich like this.
  6. TimM

I checked last night to see if their promise to have some of the missing features "restored soon" might have happened. Not yet. I suppose it is possible to have a different definition of soon.

7. mavisgold

mavisgold Senior Member

[​IMG]

TimM likes this.
  8. TimM

That might have been a better choice of words, it buys almost unlimited time.:angel:

9. hayley3

hayley3 New Member

I contacted Amazon today and this is what they said about removing the sample previews:
    right now we are working on different options on the app and website and the samples are temporally unavailable, i will make sure I pass the feedback directly to our technicians to make this feature come back faster

10. TimM

We'll see if "Faster" is better than "Soon".:)

11. Standingstones

Standingstones Forum Resident

My solution to the Amazon sampling being deleted is thus: Go onto YouTube and listen to the music you want there. Buy it on Amazon after you have heard it if you must. Secondly, head to the Bandcamp website. There are tons of music and artists you can listen to. You can download or buy physical music if you like. At least at Bandcamp the artist is getting paid.

MikeInFla likes this.
  12. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

It's been over a month that they removed the option to sample the songs on the album...I'm getting the feeling they are not bringing it back.

shaboo and TimM like this.
  13. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

can't remember if we already discussed this in the thread but is auto rip gone as well? I just purchased a CD and no auto rip option.

14. TimM

I believe it has also disappeared.

15. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Yes it has, which I think is more egregious than losing the 30 second samples. Now that Amazon has settled on selling CDs at full MSRP, charging sales tax, and removing auto rip, there’s really no reason for me to buy my music from Amazon, which I suspect is their plan for all of us anyway. All my recent music purchases have been from Bull Moose and I’m a happy with their service and prices.

16. shaboo

shaboo Forum Resident

Here in Germany there are still many releases that include AutoRip.

17. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Will have to check out this Bull Moose you speak of. I like getting orders from Amazon on day of release. My preferred method is to walk in a store somewhere and buy a CD or record but there just isn't anywhere to do that around here. I have heard some Amazon CD's are now on demand rip which is pure horse crap.

18. MerseyBeatle

I usually get my pre-orders from the Moose the day after release day. With the money I save, I don’t mind the 24 hours wait. Their customer service is equal to Amazon’s, so I can buy with confidence.

Maranatha5585 and superstar19 like this.
  19. fuzzface

fuzzface Forum Resident

I just bought some new releases that all included auto rip. That always had to do with record label agreements

JorgeGvb likes this.
  20. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

I just downloaded some auto rips for some LPs that I ordered.

21. MerseyBeatle

Recent orders? If so, do the LP product pages have the auto rip logo?

Maranatha5585 likes this.
  22. insoc123

insoc123 Well-Known Member

why should it be a problem? Now you can sample the WHOLE ALBUM via Spotify, YouTube etc

23. mavisgold

mavisgold Senior Member

at least they are covering the entire history of recording
    :laugh:
    Date First Available : January 1, 1900

Michael likes this.
  24. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

ah ha ha ha ...love it!

25. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

I just went into Amazon Music>Purchases and downloaded the auto rips. I’m not sure if it said anything on the listing pages.