Has anyone else recieved a record in this state from Amazon before?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Colin Allstations, Apr 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colin Allstations

Colin Allstations Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. thnkgreen

thnkgreen Sprezzatura!

3. Bluepicasso

Bluepicasso Android Confused

Yuck! Great album though!

Colin Allstations likes this.
  4. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

Jrr and Buddybud like this.
  5. prymel

prymel Forum Resident

No, but I've received plenty of CDs in various states of disrepair. Amazon has its issues, but they've always been great at replacing stuff, even if outside the return window, so I never sweat it much.

mark winstanley and RSteven like this.
  6. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

No, I live to New York. :p

Seriously though, that is disgraceful. But not unheard of.

4-2-7 likes this.
  7. chromium

chromium The power of the riff compels me.

Well ...it still looks like an LP even with the fragile black cover...
    This is what Amazon sent me

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Colin Allstations

Colin Allstations Forum Resident Thread Starter

Looks like you got a shrinkwrap though. Winning!

chromium likes this.
  9. RSteven

RSteven Forum Resident

I now routinely receive CD's from Amazon with broken jewel cases. I just hate to return an item for that sole reason, so I buy extra jewel cases to have on hand, but the problem is that those cases are not the same hardy ones that the original manufactures use for the labels. If anyone knows where you can purchase those type of jewel cases that they labels use, even at a premium price, could you please let us all know where we can purchase them?

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  10. prymel

prymel Forum Resident

I use the same cheap ones you referenced, so would love to get the answer to your question.

RSteven likes this.
  11. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

NunoBento likes this.
  12. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

No. But would Probably be the last time that they had the chance to do so.

13. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

I buy up boxes of 10 TDK CDRs with regular jewel cases and toss the CDRs.

deredordica and RSteven like this.
  14. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

Probably "packed" by robots.

15. prymel

prymel Forum Resident

The other issue with broken jewel cases is that certain ones have clear trays which allow for artwork to extend into that section. When those are broken and you have to replace with a stock black-trayed case, it ruins the aesthetic effect.

bluejimbop and RSteven like this.
  16. Hershiser

Hershiser Forum Resident

I received one in a bag last weekend and it was actually ok. I thought for sure it would be messed up. Today I received one in a very flimsy frustration free box and the box was bent and the cover was bent. The record was fine.

17. MARTHY

MARTHY Forum Resident

I read the occasional post like this on the r/vinyl forum on Reddit as well. When you receive an album like this -- without packaging, with the label slapped directly on the album shrink -- take a photo or two of it (especially if there is damage to the album) and email a copy of the photo(s) to both Jeff Bezos and Amz's customer service. Let them know that you will be returning the album for full replacement (or refund, whichever is your choice) and that this could have all been avoided had the album been packaged properly. (i.e. Would they ship a bath towel or a book like this without packaging?) Here are the email addys: [email protected] and [email protected]. Be sure to include your name, address, and the order number so that they can determine which warehouse the album shipped from.

Colin Allstations likes this.
  18. prymel

prymel Forum Resident

Then there are times where an Amazon or Discogs seller packages something so well you need an atomic device to open it.

19. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member

Awful, unacceptable...but it made me remember the worst packaging I got from a private seller, which was perhaps worse than no packaging at all: a greasy pizza box with the album sliding around loose inside.

20. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

This is definitely sloppy but it’s also funny. It’s funny because Amazon probably ships tens of thousands of packages every day without incident, but one Ken gets a dud and it’s off to Twitter to proclaim the death of the company.

Jim B. and Smith like this.
  21. RSteven

RSteven Forum Resident

That so funny that you say that as I was just struggling yesterday with a package from an eBay seller and my gal was standing there just laughing at me. I had scissors and a knife and I was struggling to open it. I told her that is was like the package was the Hope Diamond or something, Lol.

22. Ghost of Ziggy

Ghost of Ziggy Forum Resident

Nope but plenty of times of eBay, much worse, described as “very good” or “like new”.

23. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

Yes! A Salty Dog, Mofi. I was distressed, but fortunately no harm came to it.

Still.

McLover likes this.
  24. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

WOW!!! No...I have gotten box sets with crumpled corners which I've sent right back well as LP's with bends in the covers. But this takes it to a whole other level.

faceinthecrowd likes this.
  25. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

When you go to place your order on Amazon these days, there are a couple of options for shipping. One of them, which is the default setting, says something along the lines “this item may ship in a packaging that allows the contents to be seen”. Most people don’t even notice this change was enacted some months back. Always be sure to un-check that option, and choose the next one down. There’s no extra cost for this.

Also, I don’t know if you have Prime membership, or if it matters, but I do, and I’ve never encountered this problem, or some of the other nightmare ones I’ve seen people post about before. About the worst that’s ever happened was one time where they shipped an album in box that was bigger than the record was, and they put those bubble pouches around it to help fill up the space, instead of having it in a cardboard mailer (I think they must have been temporarily out, or something). Thankfully, it was undamaged. Just about every other album I’ve got, though, and in a cardboard mailer, inside another box with packing. (Unless it was from a second party seller.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.