Has anyone ever won a claim from USPS on non-delivery?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by ScramMan2, Dec 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I mailed an album in Nov 2021 via Priority Mail. Customer messaged me and said it was not delivered. Tracking shows it as being out for delivery but never delivered. I filed a claim using my USPS account online. After 3 days it expired but I was never contacted by the USPS about it. I filed another claim on the same title, still have not heard from them, nor was their a denial.

2. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

You'll collect, so long as you've saved all of your paperwork. I have collected on express mail that failed to get delivered on time (I got postage cost refunded), and lost package that I insured.

3. Slimpickens

Slimpickens Forum Resident

Yes, with priority mail $50 of coverage for free ($100 if you're an eBay seller). I've collected every time when I was selling heavy on eBay for LOST packages.

4. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Still have not heard from USPS. I refunded the customer. So be it. I took it in the shorts.

5. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

At this time of the year, especially this particular year, it might take extra time for USPS to get back to you. I would not be surprised if you hear from them around the 2nd week of January.

Slimpickens and ScramMan2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.