Has anyone from the uk recently ordered from acoustic sounds?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by DM333, Sep 3, 2021.

1. DM333

DM333 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hi I’m looking to place an order with acoustic sounds as even with the shipping costs to the uk the vinyls I want are cheaper. Has anyone from the uk ordered from them recently? I know I need to place an order for about £200+ and I’m assuming I then won’t pay VAT? I’m finding the new VAT uk laws very confusing.
    Also Do they package well? I’m nervous at placing an expensive order but I know they are a reputable company.

2. All Analogue

All Analogue Member

Hi. Not sure if you have already ordered but I placed an order a week ago and have just received the records today. I checked what customs/VAT would be charged before ordering and I'm pretty sure any order over £135 (including shipping costs in that value) will have 20% VAT to pay once the package arrives in the UK.

My order including shipping was over £300. FedEx then sent me a bill for the 20% VAT plus £12 admin fee they charge. Even with the 20% VAT and £12 FedEx charge it worked out cheaper than buying the records from UK retailers.

In terms of packaging, Acoustic Sounds packages the records very well. The last time I ordered 3 records and they came in a very sturdy record mailer with large overhang on corners to prevent corner dings. This time I ordered 9 records and they came in a large box with quite wide gaps at each side so the records are away from the corners and then bubble wrap top and bottom for extra protection.