Has anyone heard the Nashville West album? Oh, how it rules.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audio, Feb 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audio

audio New Member Thread Starter

I've been listening to the pre-Byrds Nashville West lp. I just have to say that Clarence White is god. The guy is right up there with Hendrix, Verlaine, May, Campbell, Harrison, etc. What a genius White was. The guy is absolutely incredible.

2. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Never been a big fan of Gib Guilbeau's voice. He's the weak link in that band, IMO. But yeah, Clarence was AMAZING. He could back up Celine Dion and make it interesting. They just should have let Gene Parsons do more singing.

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Hey Prix, I can play every single one of "Clarence's licks:)...Does that make me me the Godson?:laugh: Clarence was influenced by Doc Watson...The absolute KING of Flatpicking:)

4. Michael

Prix,..Get a hold of Flatt & Scruggs "Strictly Instrumental" Cee Dee or LP!...along with The Nitty Gritty Dirt Bands "Will The Circle Be Unbroken" Cee Dee Set or LP...You love it:thumbsup: For some young Clarence, pick up any "Kentucky Colonels" Cee Dee...

5. audio

audio New Member Thread Starter

Re: Re: Has anyone heard the Nashville West album? Oh, how it rules.

Teach me some Clarence lix, man!!

I like CW a lot more than I like Doc Watson. White is much more soulful and creative, IMO.

6. Michael

Re: Re: Re: Has anyone heard the Nashville West album? Oh, how it rules.

Sure!...but how?

Have you checked out Doc?
    Doc Watson "On Stage" is another great "Live" performance...It's on Vanguard LP/Cee Dee...

Also check out Earl Scruggs-"His Family and Friends"...Clarence, Doc, Randy Scruggs are on that one....A GREAT version of "You Ain't Going Nowhere" is on that LP/Cee Dee! It was a soundtrack for a PBS Special way back when...

7. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Has anyone heard the Nashville West album? Oh, how it rules.

That performance is also available on the Byrd Parts 2 CD.

8. Michael

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Has anyone heard the Nashville West album? Oh, how it rules.

Granted, That whole ES HF&F LP is wonderful!...YAGN is a "highlight":thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.