Have Watched 4 EPs of Parks & Recreation & No Laughs

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Boswell, Jul 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

That's absolutely true. While I could never get into Parks at all, I acknowledge that there have been many a series that I loved, even when individual episodes were mediocre, because of my love for the ensemble cast.

2. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

It took awhile to set the Amy Poehler character in terms of who she is. The first season she is like a female version of Michael Scott from "The Office". By season 2, they had her more defined in terms of a character and things worked better. The biggest problem I found with "Parks and Recreation" was it was so damn long in terms of the amount of episodes. Like 24 per season.

Ron Swanson is great, though.

Boswell likes this.
  3. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

6/24/16/22/22/22/13

Seems pretty standard for network TV.

4. dlokazip

dlokazip Forum Transient

This is why I fell in love with Brooklyn Nine-Nine. I immediately related to every character. Also, they actually show growth in the characters, even though they still are a bit off.

Shows where you're just laughing at the misfortunes of the characters really gets old.

5. Yawndave

Yawndave Forum Resident

My favorite episode of Parks n Rec is "Eagleton", where Ron does his darnedest to avoid a birthday party...but in the end Leslie gives him exactly what he wanted.

mmars982 likes this.
  6. Ignatius

Ignatius Forum Resident

Leslie Knope sort of turned into a goddess by the end of the series and I didn't have a problem with it. Fond memories of her banging on a pot chanting "all night work! all night work!'

LeBon Bush likes this.
  7. LeBon Bush

LeBon Bush Hound of Love

There's a reason season 1 is mostly left out of syndication in my corner of the world ;) trust me, season 1 and 2 of P&R are like two completely different shows!

Boswell likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.