Have we seen the end of any new or unreleased Raspberries music?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Peachy, Nov 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

Looks like a grey market Live at the Roxy 75 show.

2. apple-richard

Great collection there. I was all set to go Colorado then I found out it was going to be a shortened show and I was bummed. At least I was able to get a full show on deluxe Live. I don't see the Refreshed CD there, I have an autographed one from Dave, Wally and Scott.

3. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Correct!

4. Chris C

My friend in New York got me so much "grey market" related live stuff for that reunion tour, that I never felt the need to bother with the official "live" release, to be honest!

5. Victor/Victrola

Victor/Victrola Makng shure its write

Wow, that MOFI red marbled Best of is beautiful. I want one!

6. apple-richard

I wanted it for the Live Concert DVD and the related video footage. I have an excellent DVD of 70s performances. The long intro to Lets Pretend was worth the price for that alone.

Raspberries 001.JPG Raspberries 002.JPG Raspberries 003.JPG

Hep Alien and Chris C like this.
  7. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Grey market or boot? Are there Raspberries boots?

Darryl

8. apple-richard

Means the same thing where I come from. :)

9. Malina

Malina Forum Resident

Thanks for the posted pics, that caused me to check Amazon prices on all the Eric Carmen and Raspberries cd's that I never opened. Sheesh - all this stuff is going right to Amazon. The Capitol Collector Series, RPM 2fers, and a Carmen hits collection is enough for me. Unfortunately I opened that Geffen cd because new ones start at 200 on Amazon. I'm listening to it now, pretty good but something I would spin very rarely, not into all the ballad stuff. Anyone looking for a new signed copy of Refreshed should check Ebay in a week or two or three. :D

10. MikeM

MikeM Senior Member

If you can make it down to the Youngstown area, you're welcome any time!

The Nautica show was the second one I witnessed, the first being their first-ever reunion show at the Hard Rock Café downtown.

I've heard a lot of comments about the bad sound at Nautica, and either it didn't seem so bad to me further back in the crowd, or I've simply blocked out the memory of it over the years. But it was the performance that night of "I Don't Know What I Want" that I was referring to in my previous post. In describing it in the past, I've said that it was so explosive that it felt like the entire stage was gonna levitate at one point.

It was a magic couple of years for long-time Raspberries fans like us, and it's a great pity that it couldn't have continued.

apple-richard likes this.
  11. MikeM

MikeM Senior Member

What is Track 6 from Rock Concert ("Into the Night")? Just a misidentified song title...or something else?

12. apple-richard

Lets Pretend segued into Starting Over.

13. Chris C

It's only a 45 minute drive for me! If you have some spare time, PM me some upcoming gigs and I'll try to come watch you in action!

14. Chris C

Hep Alien, jricc and apple-richard like this.
  15. apple-richard

Song sounds nice. Once again channeling his inner Beach Boy. Look forward to seeing a track list for the two CD set.

Hep Alien, Chris C and Mooserfan like this.
  16. konajinx

konajinx Forum Resident

The drumming on Starting Over is so amazingly loud and thunderous. It gets me every time I listen to that album. Love it.

17. Graybeard

Graybeard Forum Resident

Love the Raspberries,but never cared for their sound on my stereo. I have thought for awhile that their stuff needed to be remixed. It might have exploded out of the car speakers but it feels like that it just doesn't do the music justice on my CDs.

rogertheshrubber likes this.
  18. apple-richard

Boost the bottom end and it'll sound just fine.

19. Mooserfan

Mooserfan Forum Resident

Oh my, oh my. I love this track. Always loved Eric when he wears Brian Wilson on his sleeve. Didn't know how much I've missed him. His voice, wow, we've all gotten older I guess---sorta adds a gravitas not there before, actually; thank god he still kills on the falsetto parts. Wow. Thank you Chris!!

Hep Alien likes this.
  20. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Not a bad song...He sounds to be in engaged mode, rather than in product mode, and that's good. His voice is a little more ragged than I expected (and yeah, I know he's getting older).

Wish it were from a forthcoming album of new material, though, instead of a best of...

Hep Alien likes this.
  21. Chris C

You are welcome, I love this new track as well. Don't forget that Jeffrey Foskett and The Wondermints are on this track, which are the same guys that "fill in the empty spaces" for Brian Wilson these days! If you've never heard it, look for Jeffrey Foskett's cover of "Hurting Each Other", because it's a killer!

22. Chris C

I'm looking forward to "hearing" the new CD set, as Eric claims that they have finally "fixed" the "sound" of those old Raspberries hits ... only time will tell?

23. Chris C

I agree that Eric is really "on" in this new song and it wasn't just sent in like a lot of his past twenty years has been. If that upcoming "Essential" set sells enough, I can almost guarantee a new album eventually!

Hep Alien likes this.
  24. jconsolmagno

jconsolmagno Forum Resident

Was this issued on vinyl at all?

25. jconsolmagno

jconsolmagno Forum Resident

Wow nice collection. I'm 26 and just got into the Raspberries, from hearing them on Sirius. Got a clean copy of the first LP and the MSFL Raspberries' Best. Hopefully I can find them all at the local stores. I'm in Pittsburgh, close enough to where they formed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.