HBO' s "Succession" Any Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by audiomixer, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Luckless Pedestrian

Luckless Pedestrian Forum Resident

They also made it seem like Kendall was going to find Naomi in his bedroom when he woke up, instead of a pile of his own **** in the bed. He may not have killed anyone, but he definitely did not keep it clean!

Dayfold and Brenald79 like this.
  2. seacliffe301

seacliffe301 Forum Resident

The look on the housekeepers face was priceless.

Luckless Pedestrian likes this.
  3. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I think Shiv got played by her old man....evil incarnate that one, he'll stop at nothing. Also I'm adding another character to the list of ones I'd like to punch in the throat is Greg the weasel.

seacliffe301 likes this.
  4. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

He goes by Gregory now.

proedros, Bungo, Humbuster and 4 others like this.
  5. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

No one understand why I keep calling my 13 week old puppy my “Number 1 boy.”

6. Luckless Pedestrian

Or "Ichabod Crane ****" :biglaugh:

proedros and Mr. H like this.
  7. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

That was a great line.

seacliffe301 likes this.
  8. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Nice to see them develop Roman’s character into whatever he is right now. Pretty funny.

9. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Tonight had the best ever into scene of Succession so far. Kendall is back.

10. JudasPriest

JudasPriest Forum Resident

6 episodes into season 2 and the series is still kicking ass.

11. I started watching this series after reading this post and I quite like it. 11 years ago I started working as a security officer and I was most of the time at an American super wealthy guy whose name I can't say (I signed a non disclosure agreement) despite he passed away a few years ago. This series reminds me a lot of how this person and his family were/are and how are his personal relations. Despite me being flat broke I don't envy them.

Brenald79 likes this.
  12. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I hate all these characters.....
    I just don't know if I 'love-to-hate' them yet......

13. I've worked with obscenely rich people and they are exactely like the characters on Succession: mad, despotic, insaciable, rude, egoistic and unable to have normal and healthy personal relations not based on interests. And the actors on Succession nail this.

Lord Rocker, proedros and Brenald79 like this.
  14. JudasPriest

JudasPriest Forum Resident

Episode 7 was another quality hour. Great to see the return of a fantastic character from late season 1

15. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

This just needs to archived from last night.

16. The more that I watch it the more that I like it.
    Who is your most hated character from Succession? Mine is Tom, he's the meanest guy on on the whole series. I don't think Kendall is really evil, he's just trying to follow his father's footsteps but I don't think evil is really in him unlike his two brothers.

ronbow likes this.
  17. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

Gotta be Logan. The kids I’ve actually come to feel sorry for. Accept for Connor. He’s pretty awful.

18. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

I hate Greg. How can a guy that big be such a sniveling little punk?

Mr. H and Deuce66 like this.
  19. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I feel sorry for the siblings in this. It would definitely be hard to be in the shadow of someone that built an empire. Of course being born rich beyond your wildest dreams might help compensate. A different world they live in, for sure. Kendall rapping was priceless.

Brenald79 likes this.
  20. proedros

proedros Forum Resident

great show , but you need to get inside its rhythm first - it's a bit of an acquired taste (being written by a british person probably has something to do with it)

first 1-2 episodes are setting the scene/dynamics/characters , after that it's quite a rollercoaster

for me it may have been the best show i watched in 2018 (and i watch a lot of shows) but i can understand if someone does not click with its tempo/humor (black/sarcasm humor , but humor nevertheless)

S1 was great, looking forward to seeing S2 and glad that this show a)is slowly but surely getting some love/recognition from people and critics and b)is renewed for a third season

ps : the soundtrack is beautiful , especially if you love the intro/titles music

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    Old Mac, Mr. H and seacliffe301 like this.
  21. proedros

proedros Forum Resident

22. Luckless Pedestrian

Enjoy season 2, somehow it's even better than S1. Every S2 episode has been a wild ride so far, I haven't enjoyed a show this much in a very long time.

Mr. H and proedros like this.
  23. proedros

proedros Forum Resident

thank you , i am rewatching again S1 and i understand why people may have trouble through the first 2 episodes i am in Ep 2 and this is nothing of what the show becomes afterwards

do you have any other shows to propose as good and enjoyable as Succession ? make sure you also watch this one by the succession showrunner , Peep Show

completely different style of comedy from Succession, i laughed my ass off with its characters. brilliant comedy made in UK

Mr. H and Brenald79 like this.
  24. Luckless Pedestrian

Thanks I've been meaning to check out Peep Show, I just heard that it is available with Amazon Prime video.

Shows as good as Succession? I've re-watched every episode, usually more than once. I'm a bit obsessed, it's fantastic on every level. The only other shows I've re-watched like this is The Sopranos, and some episodes of Mad Men. The Leftovers is also high quality - another series that starts slow but has some excellent writing and performances.

Beyond that most of my favorites have been historical dramas: A French Village (set during occupation of France during WWII), Weissensee (about a family East Berlin just before the wall comes down), Rome, Deadwood, and Vikings (some interesting writing in the first few seasons on the clash of cultures between the Northmen and the English).

Mr. H and proedros like this.
  25. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

I had no idea he was involved with Peep Show. Peep Show is absolutely brilliant. :righton:

proedros likes this.