HBO' s "Succession" Any Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by audiomixer, Jun 14, 2018.

1. proedros

proedros Forum Resident

since you liked Leftovers (season 3 was amazing) , you should check this one too, Rectify

Mad Men was great ,Sopranos was good but i think it's a bit like The Beatles - it came first in the scene and set the rules so it gets a bit hyped/overpraised

and of course these 3 shows are must watch imo

The Wire
    Breaking Bad
    The Shield

Luckless Pedestrian likes this.
  2. proedros

proedros Forum Resident

PS is fantastic , right ? that cast of it - Mark jeremy super hans , i am laughing myself as i remember their faces and scenes (the piss in the church....hahahahaha)

the reason i started succession was because i saw the name of the PS showrunner , it really had me interested ever since i did the connection

ps : is that Dennis Wilson in your pic ?Man ,i love Pacific Ocean Blue what an album

Mr. H likes this.
  3. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

Dennis and Carl Wilson. Great shot, right?

Oh man, when Super Hans is talking about his kids for the first time! “How many years is fünf? Well they turned fünf zwei years ago.” So many great lines. Not to derail the thread further but That Mitchell And Webb Look is a great program as well!

Brenald79 and proedros like this.
  4. Bungo

Bungo Forum Resident

Recently discovered this show and have been binge-streaming it the past week. Five more episodes to go. Love the dark humor (Roman's wisecracks are the best), and the acting is mostly excellent. Matthew Macfadyen (Tom)'s performance is a revelation; having seen him play a relatively narrow range of characters in various British shows such as MI-5/Spooks and Ripper Street, I would never have expected him to pull off this character so effectively.

Also nice to see some Peep Show references in this thread - one of my favorite TV shows ever.

5. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Always the voice of reason.

Brenald79 likes this.
  6. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Haha it’s now my favourite show of all time after 1.8 seasons.

7. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

I see what you did there. :)

Brenald79 likes this.
  8. proedros

proedros Forum Resident

S2 must be fantastic , seeing the comments of people here

i am waiting to be in the right frame of mind to start s1 again

also ,probably everyone here has seen it , but i saw this great article and remembered again what a legendary show BB was

The 12 Defining Shots of ‘Breaking Bad’

Brenald79 likes this.
  9. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

No joke, this show is already in the upper echelon of peak series along with Breaking Bad, Mad Men and Sopranos.

Gollum and alexpop like this.
  10. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

Thanks for this. The music is great, and I looked for a CD when season 1 came out and could only find an mp3 of the title theme. Well it came out a month or two back, so now I've got a copy.

Maybe season 2's soundtrack will have Kendall's rap! L to the O G! Dude be the OG!

Brenald79 and proedros like this.
  11. AKA

AKA Senior Member

Dayfold and Mr. H like this.
  12. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Amazing season and what a fkn’ final episode last night :love::love::love:. WOW

13. proedros

proedros Forum Resident

i need to get back into S2 , is this that good ? Better than S1 ?

14. jeroemba

jeroemba Forum Resident

It was a great season and this ending... indeed: wow!

Brenald79 likes this.
  15. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

Haven’t seen the last episode yet but so far it’s at the very least every bit as good as the first.

proedros likes this.
  16. proedros

proedros Forum Resident

Finally started rewatching S1 to get a reminder of what happens before diving into S2

first 2-3 episodes are kinda slow-moving , so i get why many people never stuck with the show

17. realkilroy

realkilroy Forum Resident

I really like the main cast, and yet Jeremy Strong stands out. Looking forward to see him in the new Guy Ritchie.
    Un-steadicam is annoying at times.

18. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

It sets up some major fireworks for season 3. :righton: there's no way to hit the reset button now.

Brenald79 likes this.
  19. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I really love the Succession articles from this website. They do at least 5 articles per episode. They also have an entertaining aftershow youtube series called Number One Boys. Here’s the archives in reverse chronological order.

Everything You Need to Know About ‘Succession’

proedros likes this.
  20. proedros

proedros Forum Resident

first 27 seconds of the intro/titles music , would make a sublime ringtone...

21. JudasPriest

JudasPriest Forum Resident

S2 finale was superb.

22. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

The full impact of their wealth didn't kick in until I got a good look at that yacht. I'll stop my comment right there.

Bungo likes this.
  23. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Funny, over the last few months I've stopped by and watched a scene or two in a cupla episodes. Got bored one evening this week and gave Epi 1 a shot. Thought it was ok and then Epi 2-4 in one sitting. Hooked (line and sinker as well). Just found this thread and don't understand the initial vitriol leveled at the showo_O

24. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

It is addictive :cheers:

proedros likes this.
  25. proedros

proedros Forum Resident

rewatching S1 , currently watching episode 4 and i feel (as i remembered last year when watched it originally) that pace is indeed picking up after the first 2-3 kinda slow episodes

also, one thing that strikes me in a good way , is how many great analogies/allegories are put inside the dialogue lines

this is a very cleverly written show.