HBO show High Maintenance

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by aforchione, Sep 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

I love `High Maintenance'. This show is gentle, thoughtful, understated......and there's nudity.

2. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Watched both episodes this morning to be sure. Indeed, you were correct, it’s one with Annie Golden where Richard Hell is mentioned to the nudist guy who guesses “The Ramones?”.

ralphb likes this.
  3. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

4. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Good!

I think the show is relatively cheap to produce. I read somewhere it costs about $1000 per episode (which is nothing). I love the show, love the slant of it (I’ll say no more), and have really come to enjoy it. I’m very glad it’s coming back.

timind and ralphb like this.
  5. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

I'm very happy about it's return, partly because the wonderful Michael Cyril Creighton (he was the agoraphobic Helen Hunt fan Patrick) crops up fairly regularly. It's so well done, and the use of special guests like Margaret Cho, Rosie Perez or Tony winner Reed Birney never comes across as anything but finding the right performer for the character. Great stuff.

6. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Which episode was Rosie Perez in? I missed her completely. That’s not unusual for me, though. I’m more watching the content as opposed to who’s who. As of yet, Amy Ryan is the only repeat star who I’ve recognized (and Dan Stevens).

But, as I’ve said, I’m a dimwit.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    Chris from Chicago likes this.
  7. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Fake baby.

8. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Oh! Okay! No wonder I found that character so hot.

Thanks!

9. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

New season started last night. I liked the first episode.

10. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Not bad....
    but, when the dog started following 'the guy', I feared another 'tug-at-the-heart-strings' ep, like the one from two years ago!

11. timind

timind phorum rezident

Started watching this a week ago and am half way through season 2. I'm enjoying the heck out of it, love the New York aspect.

Anyone else recognize the Meadowlark Audio Kestrels in the living room in season 2, episode 7?

sberger likes this.
  12. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Agree 100% on the show.

Didn't recognize the speakers.

timind likes this.
  13. Nomadicarchivist

Nomadicarchivist Forum Resident

I have really enjoyed some episodes.. Been bored by some others...

But that’s the same thing I said about the Sopranos

14. timind

timind phorum rezident

I'm almost finished with the series and this is pretty much it. Some are very good, others are not.

I would say to those who turned it off after the first 15 minutes of the first episode, give it another try. It reminds me of the reactions I read to Fleabag. I remember reading people's comments about that show where they said they turned it off after the first 10 minutes and wouldn't watch it. Those folks missed what I consider one of the best television shows of all time. In my top 3 for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.