HDNET Movies showing Pink Floyd's The Wall

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Pinknik, Aug 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member Thread Starter

Unfortunately, I don't have HD, but if anyone here does, you might want to check this out. Just passing along the info. For more, see www.hd.net

2. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

Wow! I will have to check this out. The DVD video always left me flat, video wise!

THANKS!

(Ooops! Can't find it. Are you sure it's not inHD or some other network?)

3. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Yep, I saw this one a week ago in HD. Jon, it was on HDNet Movies, but I don't see it listed on the site any longer :confused:

Picture was pretty good, they broadcasted in 5.1 Dolby Digital as well.

I'm confused about comments regarding the current release. I bought it on day one, and always thought the quality was good. The picture was mastered from a high-def source, and there's no edge enhancement. Black levels are good, there's no blemishes either. As cool as the HD presentation was, it wasn't leaps and bounds above the regular DVD version.

4. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member Thread Starter

Sorry, guys. The post last night was apparently for the showing at 4 a.m. while we were asleep this morning. It seems inevitable that they'd probably show it again though. U2's Rattle & Hum was also among the titles they had listed if you search around the site some. My illness has me torn between finishing tweeking of my turntable, getting new speakers or going hi-def as my next big purchase.

5. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

DAMN!!! I have a Dish Network 921 HD DVR and I could have "queued it up" for HD recording. Oh well, hopefully it will come around again.

At least I got the Chuck Berry movie. I should have looked at the schedules....

Thanks anyway.

:-jon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.