He or She never fulfilled their potential in your eyes..

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by frimleygreener, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I agree. I love a lot of her solo albums, and the Lone Justice stuff certainly has some great highlights. But I don't think she ever lived up to her full potential, the right producer or a great backing band could have helped. The long periods of silence in her career (1996-2003 and 2007-present) didn't do her career any good either.

2. Petercheck

Petercheck Author of 'Channelling The Beat!'

Incredibly underrated, still in great voice, and a really nice guy!

Here's the seldom-heard B-side to 'Everlasting Love':

thematinggame likes this.
  3. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

Two that imediatly come to mind for me are Mellisa Etheridge and Chris Issak. Both kind of smudges in pop culture. But when they first came out excellent and interesting musically. Mellisa's first two albums are great. Really interesting sound. The twelve string with the articulate bass. Stripped down and original and rock n roll. Chris was really cool originally with Wisey on guitar and a real original tone and style. But after Forever Blue he became like Mellisa a pop kind of thing. They both never fullfilled what i saw in 'em as original and rockin'. Chris and Mellisa became somewhat milktoast and even parodies. Cover bands of their own stuff. Bummer, i was a big fan of both right away. Am unfullfilled.

stewedandkeefed likes this.
  4. stewedandkeefed

stewedandkeefed Came Ashore In The Dead Of The Night

Haven't read the whole thread but I would expect that someone has already mentioned Amy Winehouse. She defines blown potential.

misterdecibel and vivresavie like this.
  5. Eleanora's Alchemy

Eleanora's Alchemy Forum Cryptid

He or She never fulfilled their potential in your eyes...

Eva Cassidy.

Greenalishi and OptimisticGoat like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.