Headphones + glasses issues

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by walrus, Sep 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing Thread Starter

After covid, like a lot of us, I went from looking at computer monitors most of the day to looking at computer monitors all day. I realized even having lunch and a few meetings and crap like that at least gave my eyes a break, and since all of that was virtual, I was getting really sore eyes by the end of the day. Got some blue light blockers and they've really helped a lot...but of course the catch is that if I have my headphones on, eventually the combination of the somewhat large earpad and the temples of the glasses frame causes physical pain.

I bought some wireless KEF speakers for my home office once I realized I was never going back to a real office (At least at my current job), but when I spin vinyl I really do prefer my HE-560's, I'm just always a fan of the headphone experience. Anyone had this glasses/cans issue and have any solutions besides just awkwardly wearing the frames somehow?

2. alarickc

alarickc Vinylholic

Frames with flat metal sidearms/temple-pieces are your friend. I use Ovvo Optics frames and have minimal comfort issues with headphones. They also help with the frames breaking the pad-seal on headphones.

3. Carl Swanson

Carl Swanson Senior Member

Yep. I use several pairs of circumaural phones, and my glasses have not only flat, but narrow bows, so no problems at all.

alarickc likes this.
  4. walrus

I guess maybe I just need flatter side/temple arms? The frame I got is flat, but it was also cheap (no one's ever going to see them besides my wife) and I suppose could be a bit thinner.

5. walrus

Crikey. That's way out of my price range but I had no idea such things existed. Maybe I can find something similar in a cheap version.

Danmar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.