”Heavy Metal Parkin Lot” from 1986. What do you think of it?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Roy Crossland, Apr 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roy Crossland

Roy Crossland Forum Resident Thread Starter

I think this short movie is genius. It really captures the mood and atmosphere in the mid 80’s. I have so many favourite parts. In fact the whole movie is a favourite part.

When they did ”Where are they now?” some years ago I think they could have done much more. The film is full of recognizable people that someone on the planet must know today!

For example the lady who wants to jump Rob Halford’s bones!

What do you think of it? Do you have any favourite scenes?

2. Stereosound

Stereosound Forum Resident

3. Stereosound

Stereosound Forum Resident

It seems a good capture of the times though. They were happy to be there and engaged.

4. BEAThoven

BEAThoven Forum Resident

As someone who lived through the '80s, this short film sure has become a very accurate time capsule for a segment of youth culture.

Back then, man, I couldn't deal with metal-head culture... I always though this film was funny as hell though... Now, it's funny as hell and interesting in an anthropological way!

5. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

I love it. I knew a lot of people just like that during that time. I even saw that tour!

6. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

As for highlights I guess you have to go with Zebraman as the star of the show.. although the Livin After Midnight is my personal favorite. Then there's Gram-of-dope guy. They're all awesome.

7. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Forum Resident

Yoodis Priest Number One!

8. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

I looked just like those kids. A lot of people I knew did. It's pretty embarrassing now but anything will look pretty goofy after 30 plus years.

9. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I've never seen it.

10. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I skimmed through that video and doesn’t look any different than a current concert (a good thing) except for different haircuts, tighter jeans, a lot more drinking in the open than you could do now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.