Hell finally freezes over... 'Justice League' Snyder Cut getting released!!!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by The Hermit, May 20, 2020.

1. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

2. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

3. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

4. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

Maybe because they get more screentime? It's funny that the guy who plays Cyborg has been the most vocal about bashing Whedon's version. I thought he was a severely underdeveloped character and worked more as a plot convenience than anything else. It made me miss Martian Manhunter all the more. Maybe in Zack's version, he gets an arc.

I'm taking a wait and see on this one though. I still remember when fans and critics were accusing Zack of making movies that were too bloated and self-indulgent. I did like the extended BVS so there is hope!

Quadboy likes this.
  5. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

I just hope they give Superman a brain this time. It doesn't have to be a super brain. He doesn't even have to be as smart as Bats. Just normal intelligence. Cavil can do that - he's a good actor. Give him a character! Not not super-Hamlet.

6. 5th-beatle

Has it been mentioned why this will be released on TV instead of at movie theaters?
    I hope it will be available on blu-ray not too long afterwards.

7. mark renard

mark renard Senior Member

HBO is using it to increase viewership for their streaming service. Hopefully it does come out on bluray.

5th-beatle likes this.
  8. 5th-beatle

It seems the Snyder Cut will be more than three-and-a-half hours long:

mark renard likes this.
  9. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

mark renard likes this.
  10. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

I'm looking forward to seeing this new version just as much as the next person but is it really necessary to promote this project without vilifying Joss Whedon? I think both directors are extremely talented and have different styles of film making but I don't see the point of making Whedon the villain of the story. Warner Bothers messed with Snyder's film from the beginning so I think any director who would have been picked to finish the film following the studio's agenda was doomed to fail. I'm not saying this because I'm a Whedon fan boy here but because this is what I've been reading for a while now.

Pizza and davenav like this.
  11. altaeria

altaeria Forum Resident

After all the hype, how funny would it be if it was just a bunch of footage compiled from old Challenge of the Super Friends cartoons :)

12. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

13. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

14. visolo

visolo Well-Known Member

Here is the real trailer:

Stormrider77, Quadboy and Pizza like this.
  15. visolo

visolo Well-Known Member

I'm really looking forward to this.

mark renard likes this.
  16. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Is the series really going to be in imax 1.44 ratio?

17. 5th-beatle

I find it interesting that there were so many scenes filmed and not included in the 2017 movie that it's now possible to make a different (and much longer) version of it.

It makes me wonder: are there other films in which this could happen as well? By that, I mean films rumoured to have such a large amount of unused scenes that could make it possible for a very different version to be created.

Perhaps @Vidiot or another member who works in the film industry can offer an insight.

18. Anno

Anno Forum Resident

We have a saying in the UK ‘you can’t polish a turd...’

funhouse and marmalade166 like this.
  19. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

That kind of thing often happens. There are whole scenes that are dropped for time reasons, or they do a rewrite and a slight reshoot (or a voiceover) that explains what happened in 10 seconds, rather than devote 2-3 minutes to a scene where not much goes on. I'll be surprised if they can truly release Snyder's cut without having to shoot even one additional live-action frame, but I knew going in it would take a ton of time and money to just finish what they had. Don't forget it'll also have to be re-scored and remixed, too. I would also bet the actors will have to come in to loop a lot of lines, which is typical for action films (due to background noise and other issues).

PhantomStranger and 5th-beatle like this.
  20. shug4476

shug4476 Nullius In Verba

Zack Snyder has made a mess of just about everything he has touched for the last 10 years. The DC franchise is almost a total artistic failure.

I don't know why anybody expects this to be any better than the atrocious theatrical release.

I will probably still watch it! Just to see what they've done with the appalling FX and that CG mouth.

funhouse, Vidiot and marmalade166 like this.
  21. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

I really don't understand the obsession with Zach Snyder's version of this film, sorry.

It was a middle-of-the-road comic flick, rushed out by DC to have something to compete with the Marvel movies and the Avengers franchise. Based on Batman Vs Superman, his take could likely be worse.

Snyder is a director with a keen eye for visuals that seems to often misunderstand the source material (his adaptation of Watchmen being Exhibit A). Batman vs Superman seemed like little more than an excuse to showcase the "kewl" moments from Frank Miller's Batman work onscreen.

22. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

marmalade166 likes this.
  23. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

:yikes:

All this to appease some loud fanboys for some reason?

An artist on Twitter had a good point—this isn’t really the cut Snyder would have done at the time—it’s one done in reaction to the criticisms of the film since.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    marmalade166, Vidiot and BeatleJWOL like this.
  24. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

It better be a masterpiece :laugh:

25. 5th-beatle

Here's something interesting about the upcoming Flash solo film: it will include Multiverse versions of Batman, meaning Ben Affleck and Michael Keaton will reprise their roles.

Christian Bale is apparently willing to do it as well, as long as Christopher Nolan gives his blessing to that idea.

Chrome_Head and Stormrider77 like this.