Hell finally freezes over... 'Justice League' Snyder Cut getting released!!!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by The Hermit, May 20, 2020.

1. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

Exactly my thoughts too ........ Especially towards the Marvel films. Getting a bit tired of the emphasis of everything/dialogue being done for laughs.

Just to point out to people ..... But I did not write that review. Just copied and pasted as I thought it deserved it.
    Especially like the mention to the Russians holding Martha Kent scene.
    I thought it was the best bit of hand to hand combat I had seen in a long time.
    Totally viscous by Afleck absolutely pounding them through the walls and floors. You see a lot of these types of scenes where they surround the hero just waiting in turn to be hit, but this seemed to be quite well choreographed. I just hope he gets a chance to do another film in similar aggressive mood.

2. antoniod

antoniod Forum Resident

Inside joke for UK readers: Flanagan and Allen would say "Snyder cut, Snyder cut, Sick-in-the-ider-cut, OI!"

3. Speedmaster

Speedmaster We’re all walking through this darkness on our own

For me, this shows that Warner and DC don’t know what the hell they are doing. First they make Snyder their go-to guy, drop him the minute some fanboys start whining on social media, double down on the original JL when they clearly saw this thing was going the way of the Titanic. Cancel all plan involving Snyder. And went back to his failed project and pour another 70m (!) in a directors cut they never wanted in the first place...

say what you want about Marvel and Kevin Feige, but at least they have a plan and stick to it.

BeatleJWOL and Quadboy like this.
  4. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Release date: March 18th, 2021

Really excited for this!

Stormrider77 and Simon A like this.
  5. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

Recently re-watched Justice League. It was worse for me the second time. So many holes in continuity and story that I have no idea how this would appeal to anyone other than comic aficionados who've read the back story. I'd like to watch this new cut, just to see if it does anything to connect the story together more.

Quadboy likes this.
  6. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

7. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

I think Jared Leto is a very talented actor, but I am not a fan of his Joker. The fact that his reprising his role for this new Snyder version is having me wish it's just for a brief appearance.

8. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

absolutely stoked, can't wait!

Curveboy likes this.
  9. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

10. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

Absolutely love Jared Leto's Joker, he was more zanny and wild the way the Joker should be! Heath Ledger's joker was too subdued for me. The new clip of Darkseid is just awesome, and what a treat to also see Granny Goodness! Yeah can't wait for this!

Quadboy likes this.
  11. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

12. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

WOW! The new trailer is fantastic! The shot of Darkseid and Apokolips, really stoked now!

Stormrider77 likes this.
  13. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

This new trailer has me cautiously optimistic for sure.

It seems like that we are not just getting a "director's cut" but a whole new movie basically.

It's becoming more and more clear that most of what we saw in 2017 was a hastily put together mess made up of pretty much only the last minute Weadon reshoots. No wonder the effects were as bad as they were.

Stormrider77, PTgraphics and Plan9 like this.
  14. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

I mean, I enjoyed the as-is Justice League, but this looks like a different kind of fun.

Curveboy likes this.
  15. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Trailer looks great

16. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Wonder if it will be released one hour at a time?

17. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

That was the initial plan, but they announced it was going to be one four hour movie.

Stormrider77 likes this.
  18. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

Can't believe that if it is a huge commercial and critical success it won't get a theatrical release when pandemic is over.
    I think he stated somewhere that there is a 10 minute mid way music intermission put into it ........ for what reason other than hopes of a cinema run?

19. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

20. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

Tells you where Warner's head is at with this whole superhero movie thing. They wanted an Avengers-level flick with only three prior films (compared to Marvel's five) and put a hard 2 hour cap on it. How even?? Not to mention,

Ray Fisher is right. The Warner higher-ups are just the worst.

Joss Whedon, of course, is a well known dumpster fire of a person, despite the impact Buffy and Firefly have had on the zeitgeist.

That said, although Snyder might be a standup guy, his aesthetic has been mocked backwards and forwards, right down to the JL trailer's attempt to recontextualize ye olde "we live in a society" meme. But still, it's coming from the Joker, which might say it all right there. I liked Justice League as it was, but this new version sounds like fun too.

Quadboy and David Campbell like this.
  21. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

I think they banked on the audience using their experience with the Marvel movies as the tool for which to fill in the gaps in Justice League. Bruce Wayne = Tony Stark in terms of equipping and recruiting the team. Whatever Steppenwolf was using to travel through dimensions = the Bifrost. The power of the Mother = Infinity Gauntlet, etc. But if you take JL on its own as a movie separate from Marvel, then there's no real explanation for how these things came to be and what their relationship with the characters/story actually is.

22. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

Yup. I'd say the Bruce Wayne side of things was explained pretty well, but why the bad guys are the bad guys needed a little help. Still, once the team was all together, I think the movie gelled, and the mutually-aligned asskicking went well :D

Simon A likes this.
  23. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

Reading that article Vidiot posted reillerates just how clueless WB seemed to be and in some ways still are.

Say one might about Snyder's take on these characters, he seems like a nice guy and I'm glad that he gets to finally put his version of this film out and gives him some closure on this chapter of his career.

Who knows...if it does well enough, Snyder could get the chance to complete the story he had in mind in some shape of form. Stranger things have happened. Hell the story of the making of this film and all the shenanigans behind the scenes is one long confluence of strange things.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    Simon A, Quadboy and BeatleJWOL like this.
  24. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

We still have the Flash film to look forward to, and I haven't heard how much Snyder will be involved in that one.

That might be the end of it, of course, as the Robert Pattinson Bat-flick doesn't seem to be tied into any of this.

25. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

I am really looking forward to it but it will be weird watching a new movie in the 4:3 aspect ratio. I am also one of those who think the DC movies like Batman etc movies should be 'dark'.

polchik likes this.