Hellier

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Borgia, Jan 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borgia

Borgia Do not speak wisely of this night Thread Starter

EVOLVIST, GodShifter and kanakaris like this.
  2. kanakaris

kanakaris Forum Resident

Love this stuff.
    First Skinwalker Ranch ,Bob Lazar and now this .
    Can't wait .
    Thanks .

Borgia likes this.
  3. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

In.

Borgia likes this.
  4. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

Me TOO!

Borgia likes this.
  5. My wife sent me the trailer. She wants us to watch it. I'm not opposed to it. It looks like it could be really good. :)

6. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Yeah there’s nothing I look to for more scientific accuracy then a bunch of jug-sipping Appalachians in a one horse town. This looks beyond horrible. What was so interesting about the guy riding a motorcycle that they had to use the shot twice in a two minute trailer? You know it’s one sloppily made film based on that alone. Was that supposed to be the alien?

7. Borgia

Nobodies twisting your arm, you don’t want to watch, don’t watch it.

GodShifter, kanakaris and EVOLVIST like this.
  8. Borgia

The first episode of Hellier lays the groundwork for how the whole investigation began. I enjoyed it, it's very well done, has a professional production to it. I'm going to watch the rest of it soon.

kanakaris likes this.
  9. This is weird. I'm on Amazon Prime right now and I don't see a trace of this show, though it was supposed to start streaming yesterday, right?

10. Borgia

I couldn't find it on Amazon either, but it's on Youtube. I've watched the first 2 episodes.

11. Borgia

I've watched all five episodes now, it could have been pared down to a two hour program. After what I thought was a pretty good set-up it just went downhill. I'll not even try to explain it, but the article and trailer made it sound so interesting, but that's what articles and trailers do, right? My bad.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  12. Yeah, this show is crummy.

I watched the first two episodes and that was enough.

My deal is, if it's supposed to be taken seriously then it's a big fail. If it's supposed to be taken like a horror film then I can see the appeal. I won't give any spoilers, but after two episodes I couldn't tell if it either of the above, so there might be a payoff for some. The camera work is pretty good and a lot of thought went into the production.

In general I find that some Alien theories are mildly interesting. For other theories, though, I wonder that if space people are living among us, but they are in hiding, because they're studying us or something, then why would they come out at all, prancing around at night, tapping on windows, risking being seen, and maybe even killed? Moreover, if there are some humans who are aware of them, why must the "enlightened humans" speak in code to fellow Alien hunters, instead of just coming out and saying, "Look, you may think I'm nuts, but the Aliens can be found right in this area; go take a look if you don't believe me."? But no! Evidently if you know where the Aliens are, there's an unwritten rule that you have to be enigmatic about it, writing out your discoveries in secret ciphers and Vulcan handshakes.

That said, I'm still open to the possibility of intelligent life on other planets, and perhaps we've been visited by them.

If the governments of the world are covering something up, then they're sure doing a better job running the cover up than they are running their countries. :)

GodShifter and Borgia like this.
  13. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

Watched all 5 episodes of season 1 of Hellier over the weekend, after hearing this show discussed on a podcast I listen to.

I think the show is pretty well done for what it is. I had to check to make sure the show wasn't scripted. Though I think episode 4 was extremely padded (they literally spend 20+ minutes sitting around wondering if the original emails were hoaxes). I would often pass out watching the show and have to rewind to catch up on what happened (it usually wasn't much).

Long been a big fan of John Keel and The Mothman Prophecies, so this stuff is right up my alley. But I found the end of S1 quite anti-climatic. I know there's an even longer S2--how do they get more episodes out of this concept? And is it worth my time continuing with it?

Borgia likes this.
  14. Borgia

I've thought about giving season two a watch, and probably will, I've just got to find the time and the right mood. That's the only way to find out if it's any better than S1.

15. Chrome_Head

I'll probably give an episode or two of S2 to see if it grabs me.

They really overdid the "Gee whiz, it's a synchronicity!!' stuff in S1, and I think I heard S2 is much the same.

kanakaris and Borgia like this.
  16. Borgia

I just finished season 2 of Hellier on YouTube. Wow. It's quite a bit better than season 1 was, IMO. I'm still trying to digest it, and am not sure what to say. This isn't your run-of-the-mill occult type tv show, like you might see on History or the Discovery channel, with everyone loudly proclaiming how "freaking huge" every perceived discovery is every 2 minutes. The cast and crew of Hellier are sincere, I think they truly believe in what they are doing. I would definitely like to see more of this.

17. Chrome_Head

I watched all of season 1 and then the first episode of season 2–and that episode put me to sleep, so I haven’t gone back to it. Wasn’t sure I could do another season of this show, even though S1 had some intriguing moments.

Maybe now is the time for me to try this season again, being stuck at home 24/7.

18. Borgia

That's what made me watch it, being stuck at home. The episodes get better. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole thing, I mean, goblins, cults, ufo's, it touches all the bases. Not to mention the weird, "fringe" characters and researchers they came into contact with. It still makes for an interesting story.

Chrome_Head likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.