Help deciding whether to buy the following.... (new music)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Holy Zoo, Feb 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-) Thread Starter

I've heard good things about *the music* of the following albums, but I'm petrified that the sonics are gonna kill my ears (harsh, compressed to hell, etc).

Does anyone have an opinion on the *sound* of the following? Gonna make my ears sing? Or Bleed?

The Vines - Highly Evolved
    Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
    Queens of the Stone Age - Rated R
    Foo Fighters - One By One
    Audioslave - S/T

thanks!

HZ

2. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

I have all of them. They'll put most people here into cardiac arrest.

All of them are LOUD!!! and bombastic.

Good tunes though.

3. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-) Thread Starter

Damn!

Time to start working on that decompressor/hoffmanizer/breath-of-lifealizer....

sigh.

Thanks though, Jamie!

4. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

I really enjoy The Vines' album. :thumbsup: I bought the vinyl so it might be "smoother" than the CD, which I haven't heard. It's a gas though, great album!
    I'm getting the Foo Fighters on vinyl too. It's a double 10" release. :)
    I've heard nothing good things about the Foo Fighter's new album.

Dan C

5. MagicAlex

MagicAlex Gort Emeritus

I have ONE BY ONE and Jamie's right...levels are maxed out and very loud...perfect for boomboxes. BUT, it is a very good album and the performance is great.

6. wmspence

wmspence Senior Member

I have AudioSlave on vinyl..........not bad sonics at all, for $15.00 double album. I think the Foo Fighters is a bit easier for older folks like me......sort of "Nevermind"ish Nirvana type stuff. Very good, IMHO. I have the CD, which is good, it's driving music!!

Bill

7. stever

stever Senior Member

yesman - what are you insinuating by, "they'll put most people here into cardiac arrest?" Is this forum full of intolerant old people? :) FYI, I'm 43 and have owned or heard all five titles. The only one I have liked enough to keep was, "Rated R." Audioslave isn't nearly as good as Soundgarden or Rage Against the Machine. QOTSA can ramble at times, but write good songs. Foo Fighters are a fun band, but I thought, "There is Nothing Left to Lose" had stronger songs.

8. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

My lousy post was supposed to say "I've heard nothing BUT good things about the Foo Fighters". :rolleyes: But you know what I mean, right? :)

Dan C

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.