Help needed with streaming

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by cchap, Oct 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cchap

cchap Member Thread Starter

First post:
    Hello everyone,
    I am a little tech savvy(can set the time on the vcr) but trying to figure out the best way to stream to my system has me confused. My current system is a peachtree nova 150 to Kef ls50's. I have a CCA hooked up via toslink and an audioquest dragonfly red via analog. I originally got the dragonfly for tidal mqa but now that Qobuz is available I am trying them out. To use Tidal MQA I have to plug my phone(S10+) into the dragonfly and use USB Audio Player Pro and the UAPP renderer (I don't even know what this is). It's kind of a pain to not have a remote way to control. Now that I am using Qobuz, what is the best way to stream to the peachtree at 24/192? On a another note, I am using the google home app to create "speaker groups" around the house and outside and would like to be able to include the peachtree in this. I do currently with the cca but not with optimal sound quality. I have looked into the various rasberry pie based items but don't know where to start. It seems like Roon is a cool idea but I don't have a computer (there are 5 in the house but kids and wife use them). I got rid of my FLAC library years ago. I only stream now. Wife sreams spotify and me Tidal/Qobuz. I apologize for the long winded post and hopefully I got across what I am trying to accomplish and my limitations. Firstly looking for a way to get the best quality to my peachtree with Qobuz and secondly would be to group with other speakers around the house. Maybe I am completely off base with everything, I don't know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MGW likes this.
  2. cchap

cchap Member Thread Starter

Or if I'm way off base and not thinking of something simple please let me know.

3. MGW

MGW Less travelling, more listening

@cchap, I'm with you. I can make streaming work on my phone or TV and pass either to my hifi, within reason. But would really like a simple guide to getting, say Simaudio Moon Mind 2, to work giving streaming from, say, Deezer and internet radio initially.
    Ultimately I'd like to re-rip my CDs to FLAC (currently apple lossless in which I have lost all faith) and link this in via a NAS drive.
    Need a really simple explanation preferably with diagrams and simple bullet point instructions.
    Where, for example, does Roon, or equivalent, fit into tbis?

cchap likes this.
  4. ds58

ds58 Forum Resident

I’d like to help but frankly, you have a fairly complicated set of requirements... if I understand what you’ve said. Grouping devices/speakers from different companies or protocols can be a challenge...

To make it easier (other than your setup with the CCA—>Dragonfly—>Peachtree Nova—>LS50s) what devices do you have?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.