Help with Billy Joel's Kohuept/Bridge To Russia dates

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stevemoss, Oct 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevemoss

stevemoss Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm trying to track down detailed recording info for the songs on Billy Joel's live Russia '87 releases. Specifically, which songs are sourced from which of the 6 Moscow and Leningrad shows.

Would anyone have such info handy?

905 likes this.
  2. Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley America’s Favorite Game Show Host

I’ve not done this, and I don’t know if the dates for the released songs are even readily available.

“Back in the USSR” comes from one of the Moscow shows, since he says “Moscow girls,” and not “Leningrad” which he did on the radio broadcast from Leningrad. But which Moscow show, no idea.

“Honesty” and “The Times They Are A-Changin’” come from the TV talk show he appeared on while in Russia. No idea on any of the dates.

I have the expanded “A Matter of Trust” version of KOHUEPT, but I never looked to see if the release included dates for the various songs. I can check, but I will not be surprised if such info wasn’t provided.

Wouldn’t mind hearing the Leningrad broadcast again. I taped it off the radio when it aired, but that tape is long gone. Surprised it doesn’t see, to circulate much as a bootleg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.