Help with Infinity/Harmon car audio

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Rene5, Apr 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rene5

Rene5 New Member Thread Starter

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help me improve my music listening experience in my new car. The issue is that it came with an Infinity/Harmon 5.1 system and it is applying some DSP algorithm that tends to send too much of the sound through the front or center channel. At times it sounds as if most of the music is going to the center channel rather than played through the left and right front and back speakers. The system does not offer a direct mode or stereo mode or any other choices of DSPs. So I was hoping I could override the DSP used by converting my stereo music to 5.1 channel music. I am using the converter that is in AIMP which allows you to control the volume of all 6 output channels. Unfortunately the Infinity system still applied its DSP and there was no difference in the sound. Please note that if the music source was originally mixed or re-mastered to 5.1 (like the Eagles Hotel California) the system seems to process the music as it was mixed. That is where I got the idea that I might be able to bypass the DSP but it didn't work.

Thanks in advance for any comments or advice.

Rene

2. Trace

Trace Senior Member

I think you'd have better luck asking this in the Audio Hardware area of the forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.