Help with new system?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Mikylor, Jan 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikylor

Mikylor Active Member Thread Starter

Ok, I have my budget set and I am going to get my forever system. I am turning 50 soon and want this to be my last. I have 2 choices: Klipsch Heresy IV with a Belles Aria integrated or Klipsch Forte III with a Parasound new classic 200 integrated. I already have my MoFi studio deck TT. It’s for a living room mostly casual listening and once in a while sit right in the sweet spot. My room is 24 feet long by 12 wide. Speakers on the short wall. I have some hearing loss in one ear and the horn loaded speakers do it for me. My last 2 pairs were bookshelf spendor and JM Reynaud. I grew up with Klipsch heritage and that’s when I fell in love with music. I want to go back there. I like both but I am having a hard time deciding. Any opinions? Suggestions? Comments?

thanks all
    Miky

2. doctor fuse

doctor fuse Forum Resident

I haven't heard ANY classic Klipsch horns, but aren't they supposed to be great with tube amps?

3. Mikylor

Mikylor Active Member Thread Starter

Hey,
    Yes they are but I am done with tubes. I have been there for many years and don’t want the fuss. The Belles is very warm and tube like and the Para is pretty warm as well.
    Thanks
    Miky

4. Technocentral

Technocentral Forum Resident

You are only 50, don't say it will be your last!!

Eigenvector and bever70 like this.
  5. Bananajack

Bananajack Phorum ... wat Phorum? Where am I?

50 and your last system? Huhu that’s so funny ...
    I said that with 50 as well, now everything at least changed two times
    Klipschorns need tubes. Full stop.
    Your speaker choices don’t ... but think about a Class A Amp instead.

6. UltraDNS

UltraDNS Staying in Seattle?

I turned 50 back in 2016 and put together what I'm hoping is my final system: My last system lasted me from 1990 until then! So I'm hoping my current Yamaha set will survive me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.