Help with Oppo 203

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by TommyTunes, Dec 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member Thread Starter

I haven’t used it for a long while. When I turn it on it displays Hello but nothing is displayed on the TV. The draw doesn’t open other than the on button the unit doesn’t respond to anything on the remote. I checked all connections and unplugged it but nothing seems to help. Is there a way to do a hard reset, preferably using the buttons on the unit.
    Any suggestions would help

2. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Check the remote's batteries if it hasn’t been used in awhile. When powered on does the display only indicate Hello? Or does it go from Hello to Oppo to No Disc to the Home Menu? If stuck on Hello then it's possible the remote will not work as the player is probably inoperative. At that point it would be best to send an email to Oppo service.

OPPO Digital - Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Players

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    Sterling1 likes this.
  3. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member Thread Starter

Thanks for the link just sent an email.

Bill Mac likes this.
  4. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Oppo service normally responds quickly. Usually the same day and at times within a few hours in my experience.

5. AvFan

AvFan Forum Resident

If it hasn't been used in some time it may not have the most current firmware. Oppo can help install it.

6. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I've never had an issue as Tom is having with any Oppo player due to not having the most current firmware. The issue seems more serious than a need to do a firmware update IMO. Doing firmware updates with Oppo players is quite simple especially if one can connect it to a computer.

wolfyboy3 likes this.
  7. ti-triodes

ti-triodes Senior Member

Try a hard reboot:

Power down
    Pull the wall plug
    While still unplugged, press and hold Front Panel Power button for a few seconds -- this is to discharge any residual power
    Plug back in
    If there is disc already in the player, power up with the Eject button

Bill Mac likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.