Hendrix - Electric Lady Studios Box Set - MONTH DAY, 202?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rjp, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Come on, you know sh.tv there is no hill here too small to die on.

StingRay5 and Judge Judy like this.
  2. Old Fred

Old Fred Forum Resident

3. E_Braunn_Fan

E_Braunn_Fan Forum Resident

Billy Payne mentioned an upcoming Sailin’ Shoes box set during a concert this past December and @Jason_Rhino confirmed it in the WFC thread.

The thread I attached above is the link for a new Little Feat thread about new archival/album rereleases that was started after the upcoming Sailin’ Shoes box set was confirmed.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
    footlooseman and Old Fred like this.
  4. Old Fred

Old Fred Forum Resident

Gotcha. Thanks!

5. E_Braunn_Fan

E_Braunn_Fan Forum Resident

No worries.

I thought the same thing when I first started reading the new archival/rerelease thread too because of the link to the WFC thread attached at the bottom.

Old Fred likes this.
  6. melkor_morgoth

melkor_morgoth The Real Toe

Links are dead for me across the board! Could be nothing more than put up too early, as Amazon is wont to do...

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
    Matthew Tate likes this.
  7. Mullin

Mullin Forum Resident

Amazon still hasn't cancelled my ELS Box Set order....

8. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

Here's hoping

Mullin likes this.
  9. John Harchar

John Harchar Forum Resident

I still have mine.

footlooseman and Mullin like this.
  10. Tuck1977

Tuck1977 Forum Resident

I came here to read any news on the box set then saw your Clapton avatar. I ended up searching all over the place to find a copy of that book EC Day By Day. So many thanks.

kees1954, Mullin and jhm like this.
  11. Jon-A

Jon-A Forum Resident

Just listened to an interview with Janie on The Vinyl Guide. Frustrating that the interviewer didn't ask about Electric Lady Studios...or any progress with RAH...or Black Gold...or if the Mitch/Noel lawsuit is gumming things up...the Jimi/Zayn travesty. She sounded a bit vague on some stuff - for example, Jimi's presence on the We're Only In It For The Money cover seemed to be news to her.

Ep377: Jimi Hendrix - As Experienced by Sister Janie - | The Vinyl Guide podcast | Interviews for Record Collectors & Music Fans

12. Mullin

Mullin Forum Resident

No problem... @marc roberty

marc roberty likes this.
  13. Headfone

Headfone Nothing Tops A Martin

The fact that she isn't saying anything about future releases tells me that litigation is still ongoing and she doesn't want to say or do anything that would negatively impact the outcome. Interview was probably conditioned upon her not being asked certain questions.

14. bluedemon25

bluedemon25 Me, I'm Just A Lawnmower

Personally feels pretty useless if there's no updates on those things. at least to me.

Dark Horse 77 likes this.
  15. Experiencereunited

Experiencereunited Forum Resident

Thanks. Great long interview providing a fair amount of insights. I didn't realize LA Forum 69 was available in Atmos? Does anyone know what streaming service it is available in Atmos on. I have Amazon HD streaming and it isn't available on ATmos there. She also states there will be more Atmos mixes coming. Hopefully in some form of hard media.

I love how she answers questions incompletely. Q: What recordings are out there that you don't have. A: We know there are a lot of recordings out there we don't have. (I won't give you any specifics though.)

Also when they talk about the final Ronnie Scotts Club jam recording. She says they don't have it but they have both heard it and the source is garbled anyway. Perhaps she has never heard the latest SBD source that circulates which is actually very good imo.

footlooseman likes this.
  16. kees1954

kees1954 Forum Resident

To my regret I haven't found any streaming service that features the DolbyAtmos version of LA69 yet. I checked all the major ones. Tidal does provide in several Atmos versions of The Doors albums. They sound quite nice.

17. Tuck1977

Tuck1977 Forum Resident

Try iTunes Apple Music

kees1954 and Experiencereunited like this.
  18. Tuck1977

Tuck1977 Forum Resident

She basically said a whole lot and told us absolutely nothing. Only new info I got was Zappa working on Atmos Hendrix. Shocking that RAH or EL studios box never even got a sniff. She used it to push the new book.

19. Experiencereunited

Experiencereunited Forum Resident

I wonder why they wouldn't put it on more streaming platforms if they went to the trouble of making the Atmos mix in the first place?

20. TBos

TBos Forum Resident

Any decent interviewer who follows his subject would ask those questions ... Maybe it was a condition from Janie not to discuss upcoming releases or the law suit ?? Would not surprise me that she put a veto at such questions

Judge Judy likes this.
  21. John Harchar

John Harchar Forum Resident

Just a simple "Now that LA is out, what else can we look forward to?" would've been good enough to at least elicit some kind of response.

andrewskyDE, Balder1, iggyd and 3 others like this.
  22. Tuck1977

Tuck1977 Forum Resident

Maybe but everyone and their aunt Mable knows about the RAH movie and live music recorded at these shows. It can’t be illegal just to talk about the gig on a podcast, not the release date or an imaginary 4K movie transfer. Instead we got “oh yer Jimi wore shorts and T shirts, Trucker caps”. So I look forward to some replica limited Experience Hendrix tie dye shorts instead.

All Down The Line likes this.
  23. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

In a previous answer Janie or McDermott only said there were a few "stragglers".

Jan 1970 2 song show film, final War Jam, Stones Jam, Dallas 70 video maybe, Miami ABC footage maybe - stolen rather chucked, 1 Euro tv show believed stolen......I'm having trouble thinking of more unless dozens of BGP live tapes got hoarded somewhere. Maybe some Jimi demos or 8mm films that vanished while touring. Couple high quality fan tapes out there - Seattle area taper?

24. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

I must have missed a previous interview where she said Jimi used to shake and "bobble" his head around a lot! :D

bluedemon25 likes this.
  25. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

Not that Mick would ever ok it but just out of interest who has the Jagger/Hendrix birthday tape?

andrewskyDE and kees1954 like this.